Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

IS THIS A PLOY ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 02:09 PM
Dai Phan
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS THIS A PLOY ????

Hi all,

What's up of the delay in shipping out the DX6 recievers from Horizon? I heard that the delay is deliberate so people will have to buy the DX7. Is that true? DP
Old 02-22-2007, 02:16 PM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: IS THIS A PLOY ????

The AR6100 receivers that the DX-7 can use are in just as short supply as the AR6000 so I doubt this is true... I think the more likely reason is demand for these receivers has simply taken Spektrum and Horizon by surprise and has exceeded their mfg capacity...
Old 02-22-2007, 03:46 PM
Mac_Man_UK

As JR manufactures the bodywork and CPU electronics for the DX6 & DX7, then Horizon/Spektrum have to wait for the factory to manufacture. Seeing as Horizon isnt the only customer for JR products, they have to wait their turn !

Old 02-22-2007, 06:01 PM
John Redman
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Supply and demand is the answer here. Although the Spektrum team wroked hard to ensure there woudl be enough product to go around, they neevr thought it would be at teh level it has occured. At soem of the more recent indoor events, we have seen modelers with over 10 rx's a piece. These are being bought up like candy. I can assure you the Spektrum team is working hard to bring them back in stock as soon as possible.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:21 PM
booger
My Feedback: (4)

Well I doubt it's a ploy, they could be sold out or, they could be holding them to see about the problems that I and others have had and complained to them about. I just hope they can take care of this and I can get back to flying. I still need to copy all of my settings down and send both of my 6100s and my transmitter back to them. That won't bring back the planes that we have lost though. Just lucky that no one has gotten hurt yet. I will say though that my 7000rx works good on my trex. Not knocking it just the facts......
Old 02-23-2007, 08:24 PM
tkilwein

From one mouth to another, the word I heard is they underestimated the demand.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:26 PM
pt40crasher

AR6000 rx's are available from the robot market place. I just recieved one for $54. Every other place is back-ordered that I tried.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:28 PM
booger

And that very well maybe. I'm just upset that my brand new system has already taken out a good plane that flew just fine on 72. and is now in the trash. Full down elivator at 30ft will cause that.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:30 PM
booger

I would try and stick with the 6000 for now, but I haven't done much research on it to see if there are many complaint's.