Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX7 Radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 06:03 AM
pappywolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7 Radio

I just bought a new DX7 radio, I was told that it is a JR radio with a new name, is this true ? Did I buy the right radio ? I do not want to have to buy another one. $$$$$$$ thanks
Old 02-27-2007, 08:47 AM
Newc

Default RE: DX7 Radio

Suggest that you go to the radio forum. There's a lot of information there as well as on the JR manufacturers forum. Not really a JR radio with a new name, as will be apparent as you read through the other information.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:26 AM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: DX7 Radio

I have one. it is a JR with another name. Plain and simple. Some believe all of the rhetoric that JR puts out about it not being theirs and so forth, but it is. The flight pack came with JR servos (digital servos--the DS 821's) and the programming has JR proprietary trademarks embedded. The case is obviously the same as the 7202, as is the programming and flight pack. Why did JR do this? I have a couple of ideas, but they are only opinions.

First, they wanted to separate themselves from it--in case it flopped. What if they put something out there that doesn't really work? This is untested waters. Sure, futaba is putting their name on one, but they weren't the first either, were they? They are using tested technology.

Now, realize that "spektrum" has been around for a while--long before the DX7. They've been working on this technology for a long time now--both for ground and air. How do you think JR customers would feel if they knew JR was putting out new radios (such as the 7202) only to replace it within 6 months with a better offering? So they put a different name on it, and reap all of the benefits. New company, new stock--old company still going strong with 72 mHZ stuff, new company going strong with 2.4 gHZ stuff. My prediction is that within a year or two JR will put out one with their own name on it, but who knows.

Anyone who doesn't have their head up their butts, and who has owned JR in the past, and who has purchased a spektrum radio will know that they are one in the same.