Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Dual servo's

Old 02-11-2003, 11:34 PM
Big Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual servo's

I'm building an AK Models Mig-29 prop jet and the plans call for two servo's for the elevators and two servo's for the ailerons. Can I use a y connector to control two servo's? If so, what are the pro's and con's in doing so. I plan to use my HiTec Focus 4 radio for four channel operation. Any alternative suggestions appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Big Pete
__________________________________________________ __
slog-bitsko-fignut
Old 02-12-2003, 12:08 AM
walton
My Feedback: (24)

Default Dual servo's

Yes you can use a Y- harness on the ailerons but on the elevators you will need a servo reverser. I'm sure their is some power loss to the servos running them off the same channel but hopefully not enough to hurt.
Old 02-12-2003, 12:49 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Default yup..

Walton is correct- The ailerons are fine but the elevators will work in opposite directions (elevons )

They make a Y-harness that reverses one of the servos for this exact reason try Tower hobbies under Radio access.

Hope this helps! What motor you gonna use?

james
Old 02-12-2003, 01:19 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default Dual servo's

You can use a servo reverser or you can use a futaba servo on one side and a hitec servo on the other side.
Old 02-12-2003, 01:48 AM
Big Pete

Default Dual servo's

Thanks everyone. I'll be sure and get that reversing harness. James, haven't decided on a motor yet but leaning towards TH .75 or if I can afford it a MVVS .77
Old 02-12-2003, 05:04 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Default Good choice..

Did you see the thread from awhile back on the MIG engine debate? Was that your thread? Alot of good info. on there-

I say MVVS-77, because I think it revvs more compared to the MVVS- Don't listen to me though. :stupid:

Take it easy,
james
Old 05-29-2003, 10:49 PM
AK Models

Default Dual servo's

There is no need for reversed Y-wire.
Servos set-up so they work the same directions.
Good luck.
Old 05-29-2003, 11:45 PM
radray

Default Dual Elevator Servos

Since your transmitter cannot mix 2 elevator servos in 2 channels, another option would be to purchase 2 programmable servos (and the programmer or ask someone who has one). The advantage is that you could not only program the direction, but center and endpoints to match surface deflection of each elevator half.
Old 05-29-2003, 11:53 PM
bigE
My Feedback: (25)

Default Computer radio?

If you have the ability to set up a mix, just plug second servo into an Aux channel and mix it to elevator. then, just reverse the aux channel. presto! I always wondered if the bells and whistles would come in handy... they do!
Old 05-29-2003, 11:54 PM
bigE
My Feedback: (25)

Default nevermind.....

sorry, just re-read and saw you have a four channel radio.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:41 PM
fornow

Default RE: Dual servo's

If I remember right, its "slog in Bitsko fignut". You're the only person I can find on the internet who's referred to it.
I remember it from a Mad magazine when I was in 6th(?) grade. Is that where you got it from?

You haven't posted here in years as far as I can tell-I'm probably talking to the wall so to speak.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Big Pete

Default RE: Dual servo's

Hi,
Wow, I didn't know anyone would recognize "slog bitsko fignut". Yeah that came from a very old MAD magazine about how to fix your own TV. I wish I still had it, I remember it totally cracked me up. I can't remember when I last posted but it was no more than about a year ago I think. When I registered I tried all kinds of usernames and every time it was always taken so I tried slog bitsko fignut and finally got registered. I've had a lot of fun with that phrase, like trying to get people to say it, most could't. Another one I still remember from the same MAD mag is "frensic freen modulator". Do remember that one? I worked on TV's some and used to tell people the frensic freen modular needs fixing, stuff like that, hehehe. I'm 62 and that was many many years ago when that issuse came out. I wish I could find it, you wouldn't know what year or what issue that was would you. Well the wife's got supper ready soI gotta go. Thanks for the post, I was really surprised.
Big Pete