Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR servo gear train problems

Old 03-12-2007, 11:10 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default JR servo gear train problems

i'm putting together my JL f-15 and i'm very limited to what servos i can use. i've been using hitec servos for awhile with no problems but i'd like to use the higher end jr servos . the one i really need is the 3421 mg .i've heard there's problems with gear train binding like the 8611's had. does anyone know anything about the problems? or is there even a problem? thanks WB1
Old 03-13-2007, 09:49 AM
PJ_TankPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR servo gear train problems

I use both the 3421 and 3421SA (plastic gear). I prefer the SA because the metal gears wear faster. My biggest problem is that I have not been able to get replacement gear sets for a long time. The estimated availability date keeps moving. So, you may have problems getting these servos.

These servos are popular with pylon racers. If there was a problem, I don't think they would be using them.

This little servo is expensive but amazing. Once you have used some, you will be hooked.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:27 AM
warbird_1

pj , thanks for the info WB1
Old 03-15-2007, 11:13 AM
rmh

That servo is good!
One thing to remember tho - if you use it on larger models which have big surfaces -and big vibe engines - - even tho you are not setting up 3D throws - you may damage the gears - just from very strong vibes .
I use em on light, dual elevators on mid sized models .
Old 03-16-2007, 08:05 AM
warbird_1

thanks dick. i'm putting them in a JL f-15 on the ailerons. no room for anything else