Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help with Hitec Focus 6

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 02:59 PM
RobAFD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Hitec Focus 6

I am progressing with my flying ability and I am moving on to more than just the routine 4 Channels that are normally used. I purchased, a while back, a Hitec Focus 6. Channel 5 on the radio is shown as a landing gear switch but channel 6 is a nob that isn't marked. Is this for flaps? Can this be used with ailerons as use of flaperons or is it solely for planes that have separate flaps? It seems that I have lost the owners manual to this radio. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-15-2003, 04:19 PM
strato911

Default I have that radio too

Yes, that knob is for flaps. The Focus 6 is a non-computerized radio, and can't mix flaps with ailerons unless a mechanical mixing device is used.

For a copy of the manual, click here: http://www.hitecrcd.com/Support/Manuals/Focus6.pdf
Old 02-15-2003, 05:22 PM
RobAFD

Thanks. I thought that was probably the case but wanted to make sure. What is the mechanical mixing device?
Old 02-15-2003, 05:32 PM
strato911

The aileron servo would be mounted in a sliding tray, which is moved by another servo connected to the flaps channel. This is how mixing was done before electronic mixing existed.

Although channel 6 is meant for flaps usage, you can use it for anything where a proportional channel would be used. In theory, you could even use it for throttle. I'm not sure why you would though...