Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Digital Servos

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 07:29 PM
Sonic358

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital Servos

I am going to use 8 Hitec digitals and 2 standard servos. Will 1 receiver do the job or is it to much ????/
Old 02-18-2003, 10:04 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Digital Servos

Originally posted by Sonic358
I am going to use 8 Hitec digitals and 2 standard servos. Will 1 receiver do the job or is it to much ????/
One receiver is fine for any amount of servos. Your question really should be whether the battery distribution is sufficient. There are really several ways to deal with that.

1) You can install dual batteries directly into the RX, each one in a separate RX channel. (Have a separate switch for each batter and, if need be, you can Y-connect a servo and a battery into the same channel)

2) Another approach is to break the battery connection(s) between the servo(s) and the RX and splice an additional battery directly into the servo(s), bypassing the RX. This is routinely done by giant scalers using a power bus arrangement.

3) There is an isolator device available that will effectively do #2 above.

4) Use a moderate battery (1500-3000mah) and monitor the voltage between each flight.

Unless your looking for increased reliability that dual batteries provide you #4 is the simplest and cheapest approach. A 1500mah RX pack should be more than sufficient to power your 8 Hitec digitals and 2 standard analogs as long as you keep up with voltage monitoring between each flight.

I currently have a Hanger 9 1/4-scale Cap 232 (73") with a total of 6 servos. (4) HS-5625s, (1) HS-5645, and (1) HS-422. Since I have had problems in the past my approach is dual batteries on dual switches. I have a 2100mah NIMH 4.8 RX battery connected to an MPI "miracle" switch on RX channel 7. I also have a 1500mah NIMH 4.8 RX battery connected to 2-pole MPI switch on RX channel 5. This gives me battery redundancy and with the "miracle" switch if the switch mechanically breaks contact an electronic circuit will retain potential to the RX. This "miracle" switch also provide voltage regulation if I was to use a 5-cell 6volt RX pack set.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:03 PM
Sonic358

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital Servos

Thanks for the input