Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba T6EX to the rescue

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 01:35 AM
bmw330i

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba T6EX to the rescue

Well, subject says it all. I finally went 2.4ghz for the sole reason that I was desperate to rid the glitching I was getting with my electric heli's. The worst was the Dragonfly 60. Set it down, throttle up and starting at 1/4 throttle all the servos would start to glitch and move on their own.

I tried EVERYTHING, different Rx, routing wires, literally replaced everything on the frame...more than once...went to a Hitec Electron 6...new servos (HS-65HB), new gyro, new ESC, different batteries, put the stock Rx back in...still same glitching. Crashed me a couple times.

Finally, I went to a local hobby shop and saw a Futaba T6EX there on display...209.00...Tx/Rx no servos. Bought it and put that in...

Guess what? Not a single glitch, no servo buzz...just silence...setup the swash, set the trims, did a test hover...perfect...It was like a new Heli...a couple of trim adj and I could take my hands off the sticks for seconds at a time...incredible. I even found the toggle Ch5 worked for switching my LogicTech 2100T into and out of HH mode....cool.

Well, this saved my flying. Really, if this didn't solve it I was going to just give up. I really thought there was no way to not have glitching...I'm sold...ordered two more Rx from TowerHObbies online (they were the first place I could find with them).

Just wanted to share. 2.4ghz = amazing solid "connected" feeling and zero glitching...I just wish I had one sooner...would be a few hundred $$ richer in crash parts I wouldn't have had to buy and extra radio stuff I didn't have to get....

Anyone else have a similar story?
Old 04-29-2007, 10:39 PM
kenhiraihnl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba T6EX to the rescue

hi bmw...i used to have lockouts, but changed to a 3s lipo with 6v regulator...seems to have solved my problem, but a close call with frequency interference motivated me to go 2.4...i flew my gp giant super sportster/os1.60fx with the 6ex2.4 today...i like to fly imac-style, and the faast system operated very crisply...i put some expo on aileron and elevator, but left the rudder alone for knife-edges passes that were better than i've ever done before...i demonstrated the lack of latency by flicking the elevator stick against the centering spring--and the elevators bounced in perfect harmony! i know i'm gonna like this setup, so i ordered a 2700mah tx bat from nobsbatteries.com...i fly my logos and raptors with a 9chps on 72mhz...i'll probably get the 2.4 module for it, if the reviews are as good as i'm experiencing with the 6ex2.4...ken