Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

How to tell the brand of crystal

Old 04-21-2007, 09:15 AM
jollycub
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to tell the brand of crystal

I bought a junk box of airplane equipment at an auction and have several crystals in it. The estate had several brands of radios and receivers on the auction as well, so there's no telling what brand of crystals I have. Some of them have a yellow cap with the channel on it, but that is all I can tell at the moment. Are there markings on the crystals that will tell me who manufactured them. I would like to know so I can either sell them or put them to use.

Thanks
Old 04-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Danorn
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: How to tell the brand of crystal

If I am not mistaken, Futaba crystals have a red striped tag attached to them and Hitec have a Blue striped tag. The others I don't know. As far as lettering on them, my Futabas seem to have different on each. Good luck.

Daniel
Old 04-21-2007, 01:17 PM
jdb000001

Most of the Futaba crystals I have seen will have a type number on them - "Type 72-x" where x can be anything up to 12.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:21 PM
tmenold
My Feedback: (17)

I just recently bought a used airtronics reciever and the crystal in it is yellow with a red/white/green sticker on it (#52 is on the sticker). Hopefully that will lend some help.