Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Programming an T8uaps

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 10:06 PM
ybrairboss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming an T8uaps

Hi,
Am currently setting up a T8UAPS Futaba transmiter. I have separate aileron servos and would like to be able to use them as flaperons.I currently have flaperons selected,ailerons working correct on channels 1 and 6 and the flap trim set up for 35%.When I go to select flaps down on the channel 6 dial I get flaps up.I have tried a number of different setup's etc but not getting any satisfaction.I think I am missing a simple deatil in this whole setup but have not got it figured out.Does anyone have some advice?
Appreciate any help.
Thanks
Old 04-21-2007, 10:23 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Programming an T8uaps

http://www.futaba-rc.com/manuals/index.html

Have you studied the manual thoroughly? It should all be there.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:10 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Brouse through these. A lot more explanatory that the manual

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-8u.html

Les
Old 04-22-2007, 10:04 AM
ybrairboss

Thanks for the info Les.I had been working from the Futaba general FAQ's but these specific 8u's will help.I think I have done all in the flaperon FAQ but of course I have something amiss with the reverse of the flaps.Probably will do a reset and start from scratch.
thanks, Dave
Old 04-22-2007, 03:51 PM
ybrairboss

Bruce and Les,
Actually the fix for programming ended up being simple.Did the book review and went to the 8U FAQ's and did a reprogram again.Still got the same results.In my dispair I noticed that because I was using channel 6 off the knob for control of the flaps that neutral is at the 12 o'clock position of the knob and not the 7 o'clock positon like I was thinking. So now I have neutral pegged in my mind all is working is as supposed to be.
Thanks for your encouragement guys.
Note this is the 1st time I have used the model forums.As I do real aviation for my day job and participate in a couple of aircraft owners forums its nice to see the people in model aviation are as helpfull as full scaleowners and maintainers........................
Regards, Dave
Old 04-23-2007, 09:15 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Roger that, Dave.

Les