Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Help needed for JR 9303 dual elevator servo set up

Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help needed for JR 9303 dual elevator servo set up

Old 04-22-2007, 02:50 PM
rod H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed for JR 9303 dual elevator servo set up

Can anyone help me with the correct method of setting up my JR 9303 ( PCM9X in OZ ) to utilise dual servos for the elevators in my Extra 300s .
I do not like the metal rod that is provided to link the elevators together thus using 1 servo so I have installed a servo on each side for the elevators but am having trouble setting them up . If I have individual links for each servo to my RX , 1 in elev. and the other in Aux 2 ( aux 1 has been tried ) , I keep getting differential ammounts of travel when they near full travel. I have transposed them and used other similar servos but the problem remains .
As they near full travel 1 servo stops but the other keeps going quite a bit further.
The only way I can get them to work symetrically is to use a " Y " lead and turn 1 servo upside down and reverse its direction thus using only the elevator channel in my RS77S spcm RX .
I am sure there is a correct way to set my radio up to get the servos to work in unison without a " Y " lead but I cannot find it .
Any help will be much apprecited
Rod H
[][][]
Old 04-22-2007, 05:43 PM
Wlouigene
My Feedback: (66)

Default RE: JR 9303 dual elevator servo set up

You will need to have an eight or 9 channel RX

Elevators
Plug one side of the elevator into the ELEV channel and the other side into the AUX. 3 channel. Go into the System menu and choose Wing TYPE. Jog over to the Mate line under ELEV and push the roller button. A box will appear with 4 choices: GEAR, AUX2, FLAP & AUX3, choose AUX3. You have just mated the AUX3 channel with the Elevator channel; the radio will now refer to these channels as REL (right elev.) and LEL
Old 04-22-2007, 06:00 PM
rod H

Default RE: JR 9303 dual elevator servo set up

WLouigene
Thanks for your input. I finally got it to work . I did all the things you said but it still would not work untill I went into the " Device selection " and found that the aux channel I wanted to use was "active " . It must be inhibited to allow the Elev channel to be " mated " to the aux channel I wanted .
There is always a simple answer but I could not see it for quite a while .
Thanks again
Rod h