Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba T4EXA help

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 04:46 AM
black beard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba T4EXA help

Ok ive just got this radio and apparently it is a T4EXA, its a computerized one and being a moron i havent the first clue about how to make it work, also being a moron ive managed to loose the instruction manual.
Its 4 channel and i was wondering if you lot could help me understand how to tune it to the frequency of the reciever that has come with it.
Also is there any way of making two servos opperate from one channel e.g. you move the stick and bothe servos turn.

All the best black beard.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:32 AM
P-40 DRIVER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba T4EXA help

You can download a similar manual for the 6 chanel off the Tower Hobbies wed site, I believe the 6 chanel programs similar to the 4 channel or go to your local flying field and get some help. It sounds like your going to need alot if you plan on flying anything.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:30 AM
Dsegal

You do not "tune" the transmitter at all- both transmitter and receiver have crystals installed that determine the frequency (and they must both be on the same channel). You can connect two servos to a Y-connector (which you must buy) and then plug that into one socket of your receiver.

To download the instruction manual go to http://www.futaba-rc.com/ and then click on Downloads.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:46 AM
black beard

No dont worry im not flying its a ground based version im using it for a predator police boat GTA style.

I would imagine the reciever that comes with the transmitter would have a matching crystal , what im trying to figure out is how to make the servos attatched move when i move the sticks it dosent seem to want to at the moment.

Cheers for the advice about the downloads im still flicking through at the moment so hoping to come across it soon.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:02 PM
jdb000001

The manual can be downloaded from http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/4ex-manual.pdf - this is the link you get if you go to the manuals page at www.futaba-rc.com.
Not much that can cause the servos to not respond - if you bought this used, you might want to check the crystals to see if they are labeled for the same frequency, or if the transmitter crystal has been removed. Also check that the receiver has the correct type crystal - single conversion or dual conversion, and preferable the same brand as the receiver. That model is not capable of PCM, so it can't be set to the wrong mode. (You are not using a PCM1024 receiver are you? It will not work.)
What model receiver are you using? Don't think it applies to the rest of the world, but in the USA Futaba transmitters will not work with most JR/Airtronics receivers.
Another thing to check is that you have the battery/esc/servos plugged in correctly - Futaba servo/battery plugs have a small tab on the end of the plug with the servo signal wire - the battery ground wire (black) is on the opposite end of the plug.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:58 PM
bruce88123

For what it's worth, YOU can not legally change the crystal in your transmitter, PERIOD. It doesn't matter if it's being used for a car, a boat, a plane, a submarine or a hydro-dynamic nose picker. It's just simply illegal. That being said, there will be tons of people at the tracks that will tell you to do it anyway for several reasons.
1. They don't know any better or don't know the law.
2. They don't care what interference they cause to others as long as their crap APPEARS to be working.
3. They enjoy being stupid and breaking the law and it get's them off.

The law IS the law and it is people like that who cause all of us problems.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:17 PM
jdb000001

I was just suggesting that the transmitter crystal may have been changed or removed before he bought the radio.

Also, he is in the United Kingdom, not sure what the law is there - the FCC has no jurisdiction in England.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:44 AM
bruce88123

ORIGINAL: jdb000001

I was just suggesting that the transmitter crystal may have been changed or removed before he bought the radio.

Also, he is in the United Kingdom, not sure what the law is there - the FCC has no jurisdiction in England.
True, I missed the location.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:11 AM
rcbadger
My Feedback: (14)

Here's a link to the factory manuals for all Futaba transmitters. Go down to the model you want and you can download the whole manual in PDF format...

Good luck.
Joe
Old 02-08-2012, 11:12 AM
rcbadger
My Feedback: (14)

Here's a link to the factory manuals for all Futaba transmitters. Go down to the model you want and you can download the whole manual in PDF format...

http://www.futabarc.com/downloads/manuals.html

Good luck.
Joe
Old 02-08-2012, 11:20 AM
bruce88123

ORIGINAL: rcbadger

http://www.futabarc.com/downloads/manuals.html

Good luck.
Joe
Hmmmm - same thing posted above 5 years ago. This thread untouched for 5 years - until now.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:48 AM
enriqueigl

Hi the 4exa is the same to 4ex and with a little "chirurgie" you can get a 5 chanel to, for ex. a gear up anddown...!!
Ask!
Regards
Enrique
Old 02-14-2021, 12:52 PM
n436wt

I have a Futaba T4exa transmitter and I am having trouble clearing the the memory. Following the instructions in the manual the CL in the menu continues to blink on and off it does not stay steady to indicate that the memory has cleared. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance