Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

NEWS RELEASE: Global Hobby Now Exclusive Distributor for Airtronics

Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

NEWS RELEASE: Global Hobby Now Exclusive Distributor for Airtronics

Old 05-03-2007, 12:11 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NEWS RELEASE: Global Hobby Now Exclusive Distributor for Airtronics

MAY 15, 2007, FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CA—Global Hobby Distributors is proud to announce that it is now the exclusive distributor of Airtronics radio equipment in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and South America. Long known as having world class quality and top performance, Airtronics has won the prestigious “Readers’ Choice, Best Car Radio” from AirAge Media’s readers for many years running. The new, more direct product flow will allow Global to provide better, more efficient distribution, and lower prices for consumers. Although Global expects the complete transition to take a few months, the team at Global is working very hard to ensure that Airtronics products are in stock and backed with the same great Airtronics service that consumers have always counted on.

In a recent statement, Global Hobby Distributors President Matt Fales said, “We will continue our efforts to consistently provide the best products to our dealers. And with that said, I am very excited to share with you a glimpse of the future of radio control. Airtronics radios and receivers will very soon be available with digital spread spectrum 2.4GHz technology. This new technology means that the days of waiting for a frequency to clear, or swapping fragile crystals, or dialing in an open frequency ARE OVER! Just switch on and race! It’s that safe and secure!”

The new MX-3 FHSS, and M11 DSS 2.4GHz radios will be available in early June, 2007. Airtronics will also be introducing 2.4GHz DSS modules for the M11 and receivers to be sold separately. These new products utilize the best new technology, at incredible frame speeds. Global firmly believes that these new 2.4GHz radios will be the race and sport driver’s first choice in radios.

Sanwa Japan and Global Hobby Distributors are confident that when all things are considered—the new streamlined distribution of Airtronics products, the new lower prices, and the new 2.4GHz systems—this new era for Airtronics promises to make a great radio control line even greater, and make it the brand of choice for dealers and consumers alike.

Global Hobby Distributors
18480 Bandilier Circle
Fountain Valley, CA
92728-8610
Old 05-05-2007, 03:24 PM
nxtdoor
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEWS RELEASE: Global Hobby Now Exclusive Distributor for Airtronics

Lots of talk about car radios but nothing said about aircraft.

??

Jeff
Old 05-05-2007, 03:34 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: nxtdoor

Lots of talk about car radios but nothing said about aircraft.

??

Jeff
When I was at the Weak Signals show in Toledo I talked with the reps at the Airtronics booth. I asked when they would have 2.4 Ghz for aircraft. His answer was approximately a year out. This was indeed sad news for me. I've been flying Airtronics for 10 years now. But with news like this I have made the decision to move to JR radios with they new Spread Spectrum 2.4 Ghz radios. Airtronics is just too far behind the power curve on this issue for me.

Ken
Old 05-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Launch Pad McQuack

We need a 12 channel Aircraft follow on for the Stylus. Or maybe an expansion card that would give us that on the Stylus. Something to help out the Airtronics loyal vs. spread spectrum. Worry about that once you have a new high end radio on the market.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hay Ken,
I've been with Airtronics ever since Kraft went south. I used Kraft gear for over 20 years...and moved over to Airtronics in 1987. I've been with them ever since, and have a lot of servo's and gear from them. I've two Tx's...an older seven channel and a Stylus. Most of our club is flying with Futoba or JR gear. The main reason I've stayed with Airtronics gear, has been their customer service. Each and every time I've had a problem, or questions about my Airtronics gear...an e-mail or phone call to Airtonics Cusomer Service was there to help me out. I can't say enough good about the guys and why I still buy their radio gear. To be honest...I love their 94102Z servo's, and I fly them in all my sport models, twins and scale birds. When Airtronics went over to the "Z" connectors...I turned in a drawr full of gear and they changed it all over for me, at a good resonalble cost. To me...Customer Service is what keeps me "Vendor Loyal" and why I will stay with these folks. They have never done me wrong, repaired my mistakes at really low prices, and serviced my equipment with quick turn-arounds. As long as they are in business...they will have my business.

The only issues I have with Airtonics is Global Hobby...I've nothing good to say about these folks...and to me, a bad move for Airtronics. Global customer service at the least, needs some serious attention. If Global is now going to take over Airtronics Customer Service...I'll dump my Airtronics gear. If Airtronics keeps their own Customer Service lines open...I'll stay put. I stopped buying from Global a long time ago for their lack of honorable customer service.

Soft landings always,
Bobby of Maui
Old 05-24-2007, 06:32 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually, if you search out the posts on RCU, you may find out Global has one of the best reps for customer service. I know there are a few who may have had problems, but their customer service is part of the reason Magnum engines have become so popular.
Like you, I have always been an Airtronics user, mainly due to the customer service aspect. Jack Albrecht in particular. I sure things don't change. If they do, I think I will still use Airtronics, because my Stylus, with the cards, will see me well into the future. Others brag about their new features, that I have had for years. All it lacks now is 2.4Ghz, and I plan to go with the XTR module for that.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hay Terry,
I will agree that Jack is a sweet guy to work with, but I have also worked with Bob and he has been just as great with me. I have several cards for my Stylus, and it is a great Tx-I just wish some one would publish a "complete idiots guide" to programing the Tx. I have no real knowldge of the 2.4Ghz gear...and I am very happy with how my gear works now.

My issues with Global were back in 2003 and an ARF Global Skyraider that folded a wing on me in flight. It was the first flight on the model and I assembled the model right, with this being the second Global Skyraider I bought from them. The wing failed on the second model, because there was no glue on the wing ribs or on the spar. I sent pictures of the model built, pictures of the wing, and sent them parts of the wing to show them how and why the wing failed. This was the second Skyraider I had built from them, with the first one crashing do to a high speed stall, low level (the wing would high speed snap on you, in a heart beat if you were not careful and the model also had a hard stall if you got to slow). I love the Skyraider, flew with them during the war and Global has been the only company to ever bring a kit or ARF out on the market, of the Skyraider. I never heard from Global, even with several phone calls to them...so that was the last dollar I spent with Global. This was also the first ARF I ever bought and flew...for until then, I always kit built my models. I now build, modify, and fly ARF's...more then I build from kits. I love building and modifing ARF's, for I can build and modify a Chinese ARF cheaper then buying and building from a kit.

I have no idea how Global handles their engines, for I do not run Magnum engines or 4-strokes. I fly K&B engines usually and the smaller OS .10's...all two strokes. If you state that Global has great customer service with their engines...I'll believe you.

Soft landings always,
Bobby of Maui
Old 06-28-2007, 02:17 AM
MikeGreenshields

I must say I'm really sorry you had problems with the Skyraider and no one got back with you. Obviously 4 years later, it's a little hard to track what happened. I can tell you that the management of customer service in 4 years has changed dramatically. In terms of Airtronics Jack is still operating the 800 line, Airtronics chief technician has come with us and as of today, Airtronics service is up and running at Global Hobby. We have a website dedicated to service, questions, etc. http://globalservices.globalhobby.com where you can post comments and questions and even pm the product management and service staff. Of course we have email, phone, and fax too (all posted on the home page of the website too). And, all of the contact info is posted at Airtronics.net of course. We are 100% dedicated to supplying the best service for Airtronics. That includes bringing all of the repair parts stock, including the stuff from 20 years ago, with us so that we can continue to support the radios, even the out of production radios while parts are still available. That move also included all the repair equipment and 3 file cabinets full of schematics for every Airtronics product ever made. No one is perfect, but I think you will find Global absolutely desires to provide their customers the best service. Feel free to contact me personally if you have any questions about Airtronics or Global.

Mike Greenshields
Product Manager
Global Hobby

PS, I thought I might add that to aid us in customer service, we're writing all new service software and installing an entire new phone system (the current system just is not set up to handle the personal phone service I want to provide... believe me, you're not calling India when you call us..)
Old 07-25-2007, 05:01 PM
Fleet

This has been most interesting. I've flown Airtronics some 20 years and emailed them as to the avialability of the 2.4 in aircraft modes. I got a response asking from my phone number and when it would be convienient to call. Dumb me sends home phone and times but never got another response to 3 more emails.

I've stuck with Airtonics as I've never had a problem so I stick with what I know.

Perhaps the switch over has prompted some angst and missed emails.

I hope they comeout with something soon or I'll have to buy up another manufacturer for the 2.4.

Ray W.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:52 PM
MikeGreenshields

The number of calls and emails in Customer Service are staggering. 5-10 times the number we were receiving only a few months ago.

I am not sure what email or phone you called, but I am happy to answer any questions you have.

As for 2.4g, the RD8000 is first. Prototype is in the works now. Real-world testing in the USA environment will begin Sept 4. As soon as we're convined it's 100%, we will put that one into production.

Soon to follow will then be a 9 channel 2.4g, a module/rx set for Stylus/older ATX, and then a competition level 12-14 channel.

Mike Greenshields
Old 07-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Fleet

Thanks, you've answered it all. I was wondering if Airtronics was going to 2.4 and this confirms it. I may wait. Your faster than Bobby Tom , CIS manager.

Ray W
Old 07-26-2007, 01:12 PM
MikeGreenshields

Feel free to message me here if you'd like. I will know MUCH more about our progress on the 2.4 by Sept 4th. You might contact me then if you are still interested.

Mike Greenshields
Old 07-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Fleet

Thanks Mike, I shall.

By the by, any suspicion on the purpose of asking for my phone number?

Ray Webster
Old 08-23-2007, 07:27 AM
AL KAP

Hi Guys,
I have just aquiced a Sanwa Exzes Plus radio, it looks great and the menu is user friendly, all the feautres im interested in are available, i just have two things which im not clear about:
1. Dsp button on the Left side of the screen...It seems it has no function
2. ALB (Anti-Lock Braking) it seems it doesnt work unless i am constantly pressing an assigned switch ( SW1 or SW2 or SW3)while driving Which is not practical...I am wondering if its a manufacturer fault or this is the way its biult....
I have gone through the radio and manual excessivly nothing is related to the dsp switch or says how to activate ALB continously???
Anyone has feedback .... Anyone Who bought the radio....????
Old 09-17-2007, 10:39 PM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

Mike

How about an Airtronics/Sanwa support forum here on RCU?

I fly airtronics ( an old Inifinity 660) on 36 Mhz in Australia, one of the few who still do so. Our so-called distributor went south years ago.

I will wait for a high end Airtronics 12 ch 2.4 Gig before making a move ...
Old 05-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Raybow

Hi Fiery

I purchased the Airtronics 2.4 and what a great set.

Ray