Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

HS-81 servos don't center when off

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 05:04 AM
djdeerok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HS-81 servos don't center when off

I have several Hitec HS-81 servos. When I turn them on, I adjust the arm so it's centered. But how come, when I turn them off, they move to a position that isn't centered anymore? Basically, if I hook the rudder of a plane to the servo when it is on, the rudder is center. But when I turn off the plane for storage or something, the servo moves into a resting position, which moves the rudder off-center. Is there a way to fix this so that everything is centered when it is off?
Old 02-25-2003, 05:30 AM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

There's something in your linkage pulling your servo off center. Check for binding, and disconnect your rudder to see where it settles without the linkage connected. Fix it, and your problem goes away. It's probably causing the servo to draw more juice from the battery when you're flying, so it's worth a look.
Old 02-26-2003, 01:36 AM
Tippie

Are you turning the receiver off first? Or, are you turning the transmitter off first? If the receiver is turned off last it will be hunting a signal and cause the servos to move.
Old 02-26-2003, 02:22 AM
Lynx

Mike's right, if the servo turns when it's not getting power it's because there's pressure on it.