Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR and channel 13 ?

Old 02-25-2003, 11:18 PM
JIMESTES
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR and channel 13 ?

I was just on the chief web site and was looking at a JR 8103 with 811 digital servos but the channel options start at 15 does any one know if I can order a JR radio on channel 13 I have 5 hitec receivers all on 13 and would like to stay with it if I can.
Thanks Jim

Also has any one had problems with hitec recievers and JR radios?
Old 02-25-2003, 11:30 PM
JLB
My Feedback: (2)

I heard from a very experienced and reputable radio repair guy that JR has a problem with their ABC&W technology on non dual conversion receivers rejecting extraneous signals on the low channels. I'm using 18 for my helicopters and he said that was fine but don't go much lower. I believe he said they were not available below 15 which fits with what you're finding. When I asked him what the best radio on the market was, he said JR transmitter and Hitec Supreme receiver for what thats worth to answer your second question. Hope this helps.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:24 AM
heliguy
My Feedback: (3)

Jim, as stated above JR does not go below channel 15.

You should also be aware that if the HiTec receivers you have are not specifically JR shift, that they will not work with the JR transmitter.

The normal HiTec receiver is negative shift Futaba compatable.

HiTec does make positive shift JR/Airtronics compatable units as well as shift selectable units. However if your units are standard HiTec receivers they will not work with JR.

For what it's worth - Sl
http://www.rchelibase.com
Old 02-26-2003, 05:50 PM
JIMESTES
My Feedback: (8)

Damn does any one have five or six JR recievers they would want to trade for five or six ch13 hitec's just kidding.

I guess the decision between the JR 8103 and the Hitec Eclipse radio gets harder.

What do you all think what should I go with beings that I already have alot of Hitec equipment and only 1 JR 5 channel radio and reciever.
Should I stay with Hitec or switch the price is not that much different.
But the JR 8103 does come with the 811 digital servo's and I don't have any of those yet.