Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

S9451 Digital Servo compatible with T6XS radio??

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 05:27 AM
dash8diamond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S9451 Digital Servo compatible with T6XS radio??

I have a radio Futaba T6XS and i´d like to know if it´s possible to use Digital Servos with it. The reason is that i want to change 2 servos of my plane for the Digital S9451. In case it´s possible how can i program them, is it like the standard ones?? Do you know the consumption of this servos?

If i can put these 2 digital servos i´ll have in the plane 3 servos S3003 and 2 S9451, is it enough with a battery NiMh of 1000mah of 6v???

Thanks a lot!

dash8diamond
Old 05-14-2007, 06:06 AM
alan0899

Default RE: S9451 Digital Servo compatible with T6XS radio??

G'day Mate,
Just plug em in & fly. No problems at all.
They will use more current than standard servos, so keep en eye on your batteries, with a loaded voltmeter.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:25 AM
dash8diamond

Hi Alan!

Cool!! Nice to hear! I´ll try with those batteries, and if it´s not enough i´ll change them. By the way, i´m from Spain and i´m interested on bying an O.S. engine, these 2 servos and some accessories from Tower Hobbies, do you think it´s a good idea?

Thanks!

Dash8
Old 05-14-2007, 02:55 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Hitec digital servos can be "programmed" with thier servo programmer to adjust speed, centering and some other parameters that you can fine tune. The only real truly useful application for this is when you are running multiple servos on one large control surface and want them precisely matched.

Futaba digi's can't be programmed, they operate just like any other servo but with increased power consumption. One thing to be mindful of is binding. If you have a surface or pushrod thats binding or stalling the servo it will suck the battery down like a sailor downing a mug of beer. Keep an eye on your batteries.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:36 AM
dash8diamond

Thanks Barracuda!

It´s very clear and very useful information. Do you know if the servos from "Scanner RC" are good? They look good and are much cheaper than its competitors, but i don´t know anyone that has used them. I´d appreciate any comment or suggestion.

Have a nice day!

Dash8
Old 05-15-2007, 01:51 PM
BarracudaHockey

Never heard of them, sorry.

I fly mainly helicopters and you get what you pay for, its worth it to me to have quality servos. If I was flying a 40 size sport plane I wouldnt worry about it and use the cheapest I could find but in my case a crash costs more than investing in good electronics.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:45 PM
dash8diamond

This is true, very true. In fact, after thinking a lot about this issue i´ve ordered two s9451 from tower hobbies apart from other items, i´ll see if they get to spain properly... It´s the first time i order from them. Including the port costs i save around 30%!

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Vinnie6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not know why the 9451's are not talked about more. With .10 sec transit time and 121 oz. at 6 v, they are arguably a very good deal at $75. I have purchased four of them for my 80" Extra project nearing completion. Can't wait to put them in service. I will be using a Fromeco 2600 lipo and a 6v regulator to power the radio.

V6
Old 05-17-2007, 02:18 AM
dash8diamond

How do the regulator you talk about works?? I´m sorry, but i don´t know much about electronics, may youmplease explain this?

Thanks!
Old 05-17-2007, 01:30 PM
BarracudaHockey

I run a 4000 mah lithium Ion battery, they are 7.2 volts, the reciever and servos cant take that so you use a voltage regulator to step down the voltage. I run 5.3 volts because the high speed tail rotor servos cant tollerate 6v but the airplane guys can run up to 6 volts. The advantages are a consistent feel to the controls from the beginning of the first flight to the end of the last, as well as 10+ flights per charge. Also with the regulators I run (Duralite) the battery current never passes through the switch, the switch turns the regultor on and off and if it fails open the regulator stays on. So a switch failure wont bring down one of my helicopters. Lots of info at http://www.duralitebatteries.com
Old 05-25-2007, 01:56 PM
dash8diamond

Good to know!!! Sorry for the late reply, i´ve been quite busy. This is a very good tip, i´ll have it in consideration for the next plane i´ll make.

Thanks a lot!!

dash8diamond