Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

any one had problem with service at servo city?

Old 02-27-2003, 08:28 PM
deka14353
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any one had problem with service at servo city?

Hi i order some digital servos and flight packs from servo city like 3 weeks ago and a week pass and no servos or flight packs i call them and after getting a busy sound for a hr. or so i got intouch with them and when i told them about the order they said that they will going to call me back (yea right ) waited for 4 more days and no call from them so i call them and cancel my order and they told me that they dont have the order so i told them to live it like that, well i order the stuff from another place and this monday(2/24/2003) i order two crystals and and i called the 26 and the same thing happend they said they was going to call me so i waited for theyr call that never hapend so i email them and this is what i email:
Hi we order 2 hitec crystals on the 24th and i call today the 26 to find out if the order was receive because the last time i order a week past and it was never received so i canceled the order but when i call today i was going to add to my order two servos but they told me that they was going to call back but never did,please let me know if i need to take my business some
where else thanks.
and theyr awnser was:
We sent your order out this morning, Thursday, regular mail. Thanks for
the order.
so it sound like not a frendly service at all
but is just my opinion thanks
Old 02-27-2003, 10:31 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

I've heard good things about Servo City, but until just yesterday, I have never ordered anything. We'll see how my order goes.

Mike
Old 02-27-2003, 10:49 PM
CyberPilot
My Feedback: (2)

Default Yes and No...

I was in the market for some servos and was told by 'Tech' on this board (I think he works for Servo City) that they would price match. I sent them e-mails showing quotes from other hobby shops but they refused to price match.

If they say they are going to price match then they should honor their claims. If they don't want to then that's OK too, they still have good prices and decent service but don't make one promise to a customer then refuse to follow through; that's a stupid business move. I asked 'Tech' to help me understand what's going on but I got no replies. Another example of poor service.

Like I said they do have some good prices and I have purchased a receiver and crystal from them. I came pretty quickly too but I don't know if I'll do business with them again because of my "price match/refuse to match" experience with them; I felt like I was lied to and that isn't good business.

Just my .02,

CyberPilot
Old 02-27-2003, 11:43 PM
deka14353

CyberPilot, yes they do have good prices but i will go more for service, and they should honor the price match,
i will not order from them again.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:50 PM
George E.

I have only had good experinces with Servo City. I have made about 8 orders with them. One order didn't show up after a week, when I called they sent out a new order that day. All my other orders were trouble free.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:57 PM
bigbri
My Feedback: (287)

Nothing but good service from them on my end
B-
Old 02-28-2003, 06:08 PM
BackAfter20
My Feedback: (5)

I have had nothing but great service from them.

I read on this forum not to use the web page, so I always call in my orders to make sure they have what I want in stock. The one time something was left out of an order (a few rubber grommets), I called and told them. They sent me the grommets, plus an extra free bag full of servo hardware!

Their free shipping rocks. A couple of weeks ago, I needed a servo for the weekend. I called on Tuesday and received the servo on Thursday. All I paid was about $4 for priority shipping. Multiply that by 4 or 5 for a priority shipping order from almost anyone else.

As far as price matching goes, that is a sticky subject. Here are a few of MY thoughts:
1) I believe they are a small shop. As such, taking a loss to match prices would have a much greater effect on their bottom line than it would on a company like Tower, and it doesn't make good business sense.
2) They have free shipping. That has to be taken into consideration for any order.
3) Even Tower is protecting themselves from price matching by saying that the ad has to be in a printed publication. Then they (Great Planes) put price controls in place to keep printed prices the same as theirs.
4) If another company has a product advertised for less, you have the freedom to order it from that company. Hobbytown USA near me won't match anything. Many of their prices are double that of Tower. Yes, it is upsetting when they have something in stock that I "need" right now. BUT the reality is that if they were to match every mail order special that was brought to them, they would be out of business very quickly.

"You pay your money and you make your choices".
Old 02-28-2003, 07:02 PM
deka14353

Default Hi and thanks for the reply

well when i first order the servos and did not came i gave them the benefit of the doubt but when i order the crystal and they did not send it until i was complaining to them is not good service at all i am so glad that there some people that got good service from them, and if they try to tell people they match prices they should honor that person even if they change their mind but that is only my opinion thanks
Old 02-28-2003, 07:42 PM
MTT
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have ordered from them 3 or 4 times with no problems, only on my last order there was a minor problem :
I had ordered HS-85MG's, HS-225's and HS-525's.
First, the order did not get shipped, because they were out of stock on the 85's. Once the 85's got in, they were out of 225's !
Until this point, approx 2 weeks had passed, and then they decided to replace 225's with 225MG's at no extra charge, in order avoid further delays !

OK with me...
I will order from them again.

Michael
Old 02-28-2003, 09:11 PM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

My current order seems to be slow in making it's way to me. But it has allways been good in the past
Old 02-28-2003, 09:49 PM
aksmithrc
My Feedback: (2)

Default Servo City...BEST in my Book !

I have ordered (always online) many times from Servo City over the past two years. The service has always been tops with NO delays or problems !!!!!
Old 03-01-2003, 12:07 AM
Jim Schwagle
My Feedback: (1)

I have ordered twice and my experience was that the orders were somewhat slow to ship. As much as ten days after ordering. One order was for servos only and the other was for a 9C transmitter and three servos. I did get the merchandise but it took a while.
Old 03-01-2003, 03:23 PM
bignasdy-RCU

i ordered three futaba s3003s, and they were here in a week. No complaints. But then I found radical rc, and wish I saved a few more bucks through them.
d
Old 03-01-2003, 09:35 PM
Checklst

Great service so far I just placed a large hitec servo and receiver order from them and they said they were having problems with Hitec filling their orders. I ordered a hitec 7channel switchable receiver and they offered me the 8 channel supreme JR compatible at the same price as the 7 channel, sense it would have held up my order with a Backorder.

Just my .02
Old 03-02-2003, 01:56 AM
sswagerty
My Feedback: (53)

Default Servo City

Placed an order after two very pleasant and helpful phone calls I made to them and received my order in two days... amazing. I found their web site helpful as well.
Old 03-06-2003, 03:50 AM
rmm
My Feedback: (1)

Default Servo City

I have placed 4 orders so far with Servo City. The delivery was always very fast. One time a had a bad Servo - I send them an email and they answered and called me within 24 hours. I returned the servo and they replaced it. Furthermore I ordered a Hitec 75BB (retract) but they send me a 77BB. I called them and they send me immideately the 75 BB. I must say that the customer service is very friendly and I plan on using them for my upcoming orders as well.

Rainer
Old 03-06-2003, 04:23 AM
MHawker

Follow up.... placed my first order with Servo City over the web. I called the next day to make sure it was input and I was told it was shipping that day.

I got the order safe and sound in a couple of days.

Mike
Old 03-07-2003, 05:11 PM
JOHNBONE

I LOVE SERVO CITY!!....except I have not seen my last order as of yet, its been 7 days.....I'll get back to ya..