Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

6 EXA tx

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Hintydude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 EXA tx

Hi I have a Futaba 6EXA which I purchased approx 2 years ago, and have recently been experiencing glitches whilst in flight resulting in a total right off of my plane.

Prior to that I had manged a landing after experiencing a similar glitch and I was told it could be a bad rx battery. This was subsequently changed and tested before the last flight and range checks were also positive with no indication of any anomaly.

Someone said that they knew of similar experiences with other flyers who had this transmitter and it was something to do with the circuit board flexing and I should buy a new transmitter

Can anyone shed any light on this.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:39 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 6 EXA tx

Have you done anything else to your radio like changing the crystal? Why would the board be flexing? It's mounted inside the case on locator studs. Have you dropped the radio? I'd send it for a service check before just replacing it.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Hintydude

Both the tx and rx crystals were new having changed them after the first 'wobble' experience, but I manged to land it safely that time.
So a crystal and a battery change was done before the last fatal flight.

As far as I know the tx has not been dropped or knocked since I used it for my cap232, which flew with no problems.
I dont have the cap now so it is impossible to check.

The flexing reason surprised me too as I also don't see how this could happen. Just repeating what I was told.

I will get it sent away for servicing however before contemplating another tx purchase.

Cheers

Old 05-28-2007, 05:28 PM
bruce88123

When the crystal was changed, was it to the same frequency or a new one?
Old 05-31-2007, 05:13 PM
Hintydude

It was the same frequency.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:37 PM
bruce88123

Needs a thorough checkout.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:20 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

How well had you protected the Rx from vibration? I had lots of wierd servo movement when breaking in an engine mounted to the plane. Another possibility is Rf interference from any metal parts on your plane, especially metal vibrating against metal.