Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

TX power loses!

Old 05-31-2007, 12:57 PM
IL2windhawk

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default TX power loses!

Yesterday at the field, my Airtronics RD8000 would occasionally turn itself off and quickly then back on. Why? The power meter on the TX showed full voltage.

It happens so fast that ordinarily it would not be a big deal. However, as a safety feature, when the RD8000 is turned on, it does not transmit a signal until you set throttle to zero. So my TX looses power, then immediately starts back up, but I still have to control over the airplane until I pull the throttle to zero.

I'm thinking that maybe the battery was toasted. Yesterday, before I went to the field, I quick-charged the 600mAh NICAD pack (which was nearly dead) at 1.2C. The charge added about 300mAh of power. This is about the second time I've done this.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-31-2007, 01:11 PM
jdb000001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TX power loses!

You could have a broken solder connection at the on/off switch, a bad or corroded connection to the battery, etc.
Does tapping on the radio near the power switch, battery compartment, charge jack, trainer jack, etc, cause a loss of power?
Could even be a bad internal cable connection, or broken solder joints/cracked circuit board around any buttons or switches on the circuit board.