Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Flash 5 or Laser 6?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 10:12 AM
Pygmy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flash 5 or Laser 6?

I'm just looking at radios and i wondered what would be better, the noncomputer hitec laser 6 or the computer controlled flash 5. Is the extra chanel worth the non-computer? And also the flash 5 looks kinda old, is there a replacment comming out for this soon?

Thanks
Old 03-02-2003, 02:22 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If you purchase the Laser over the flash five, you will soon regret it. The Flash five is a far more capable radio wheather you like the looks or not. At the very least the ability to handle five airplanes at a time as aginst the Laser's one should tell you something. The need for the sixth channel does not come up that much and you may never need it.

John
Old 03-03-2003, 01:34 AM
radiocontrol
My Feedback: (2)

I have never owned the Laser 6, but did own a Flash 5 before I stepped up to the Eclipse. The Flash 5 is a fine radio with many features you can't find in a manual radio. I think the best features are the digital trims, the 5-model memory, and the countdown timer. I agree with JohnBuckner that you may never need a 6th channel, but I would take a computer radio over a manual any day.
Old 03-04-2003, 02:23 AM
Damnathius

I own both... The Flash is a great entry level computer radio, and it's smaller than the Laser 6. Spend the extra $30 and get the Flash 5.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:31 AM
ec121k

Computer radio any day. I can't believe they even make that 6. I'd gladly give up a channel for the flexibility.