Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Mixer for tiltrotor / vectored thrust

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 07:22 AM
maxvtol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mixer for tiltrotor / vectored thrust

I need a little help refining my onboard mixer for my vtol project.

I would like to speed thing up a bit by having a separate processor capture 8 PWM signals and sending them to the mixing microcontroller via I2C.

The first 3 channels would be coming from gyros, so the pulses will not be front to back as they do coming out of the receiver. The 4th channel is the throttle and I need it as quickly as the first 3.

The next 4 channels would be for tilt and gyro gains, so even if I skipped a frame, it wouldn’t hurt, although I would like as smooth a motion as possible. The pulses may or may not come out back to front sequentially from the receiver but they will never overlap.

Got a couple of questions.

1) What’s the best, least expensive way to capture these pulses? I would like to maintain about 1 usec resolution, but I could probably live with 2 or 3.

2) Is I2C the best way to go about this?

I know what I want, I just don’t know how to do it. I’ll have to explain this someone who can build PC boards, so if you could explain it to me in noob terms, I would appreciate it.

If you want more info on my project, check out my website [link=http://www.vertiplane.com]www.vertiplane.com [/link]