Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

MPX 3030 Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 07:11 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MPX 3030 Question

We have a 3030 on our blimp, and are having some troubles with it. We can't get the Tx batteries to deep cycle, and we are concerned about cutting the hard wires to install a removable connector because we aren't sure if the tx has a backup battery to save the program settings. Does anyone know if cutting the battery hardwire will erase our programming?
Old 03-04-2003, 11:45 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default MPX 3030 Question

I had the same problem when I started using a Supernova, in fact it could not even charge via the charge socket as something blocked it from reading the battery properly. I cut the lead from the battery and installed JR plug and socket, and charged via that. Never had a problem. The 3030 does have a lithium battery somewhere in it for memory but it does not need a full-time connection to the main battery. The offocial Mpx advice if you need fast charging is to unplug the battery lead where it plugs into the main board, so it is officially OK to disconnect the battery, however some people have found that plug was never designed to be used so much and can wear and lose contact.

Harry