Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

I think I fried my radio!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 12:50 AM
ewormm
My Feedback: (36)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I think I fried my radio!!!

I have a JR XF631 that was working fine earlier today but after I charged it on my new Hobbico accucycle for approximately an hour and a half, The radio would not power up. Charge settings were 8 cell/ 50mA charge rate on the 9.6v cell 600mA battery . The new charge leads have the JR tag on them and I do not believe I had them plugged in backwards (red/Black). I would think that the charger would not register that it was charging if the poles were reversed

I hadn't planned on charging the batteries for long and the voltage was at 8.8 when I hooked it up to the cycler. No discharging was done at the time. The battery registered above 9.0V when I checked it afterwards. Still no power to the radio

I am by far not an expert when it comes to electronics so did I do something wrong? What are JR's poles for the charging jack (positive inner/outer?) .

Worst case scenario did I fry the radio or is it a simple fix.

Help please.

Thanks!
Old 03-07-2003, 01:04 AM
Ladyflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I think I fried my radio!!!

You probably only popped the fuse. JR is center pin negative.
They just HAD to be different .
The fuse is inside and very close to the charge jack.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:59 AM
ewormm
My Feedback: (36)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Yep that's what it appears to be.

Fuse was blown. The radio was still charging after about an hour or so. I didn't turn the cycler off when I removed the leads. Will replace it and mark another red check in the "Lessons Learned" file. I don't know if I should send it in just in case. I will contact JR or Horizon to be sure. Would hate to see my toys do a power fall from the sky~!

Thanks for your advice LadyFlyer!