Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo Twitching

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 06:15 AM
BALSABRO
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Twitching

I need some help here.. I have a JR 652 w a Jr 700 rx . 537 servos. The servos twicth extremely bad if the battery swith is no and tx off.. trottle seems to be the worst. battery is fully charged. switch has been changed. TX and rx on Channel 49.

If I swap rx xtal with tx off and rx on to channel 32 twitching stops DO I have a bad RX xtal??? or where esle can I look for the problem.

One other question is JR like Futaba High and LOW band IN other words can I change the xtal from ch 49 to ch 32?????

Thank you any help would diffinitly help..
Old 03-08-2003, 06:22 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Servo Twitching

You're saying that when the receiver is on but the TX is off that you are getting glitching? If so and you can range check fine then there is no problem. That's why you turn the transmitter on first.

JR does not employ high/low band tuning in their receviers.
Old 03-08-2003, 06:42 AM
BALSABRO
My Feedback: (3)

Default servos

Seem to range check ok.. However with channel 32 tx and ch 32 xtal no glitching with ch 49 tx and 49 rx xtal glitches with tx off
Old 03-08-2003, 06:53 AM
Flyfalcons

Default Servo Twitching

It's going to glitch with the Tx off. Just don't fly that way
Old 03-08-2003, 01:52 PM
adam_one

Default Servo Twitching

Crazieflyer wrote:
Seem to range check ok.. However with channel 32 tx and ch 32 xtal no glitching with ch 49 tx and 49 rx xtal glitches with tx off
The R/C systems are not supposed to work with the transmitter turned off.
With the lack of the TX RF signal the receiver is open to spurious signals and random noise around, which in your case seems to lie near the channel 49.
Old 03-16-2003, 01:23 AM
planecrazy101

Default Servo Twitching

JR does not employ high/low band tuning in their receviers.
I have two JR652's with four receivers, and I think I swapped crystals for Tx's and Rx's around before I knew about high/low tuning. Does your statement mean that i don't have anything to worry about, or am I still at risk with the TX's if the crystal is not what it came with? Thanks.
Old 03-16-2003, 03:18 AM
Flyfalcons

Default Servo Twitching

Your question left me a little confused as to if you are asking about Tx crystals or Rx crystals. You should not swap Tx crystals, but your receivers are designed to accept any crystal in the 72mhz RC band, unlike Futaba where it's not a good idea to put a high band crystal in a low band receiver beacuse you may lose some range.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:52 AM
MO_Radio_Tech

Default Servo Twitching

The fact that the R700 has this twitching behavior in the absence of the transmitter signal shows just how amazingly sensitive the R700 is.

Without the transmitter signal it continues to try and pull something out of the air and move servos.

Amazing stuff.
Old 03-16-2003, 07:08 AM
Lynx

Default Servo Twitching

Not really, cause if it's tweaking like that it doesn't know how to tell noise from signal.. When the TX is off the AGC in the RX goes to full gain, if you've ever listed to a baby monitor you know you can hear something on the other side of the house when it's quiet, but if there's a loud noise everything goes silent and it takes a few seconds for it to readjust to the quiet setting. The RX works EXACTLY the same way (Just in the RF range not audio) That's why the TX is always the first thing on, and the last thing off.
Old 03-16-2003, 04:48 PM
Kris^
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Default Servo Twitching

I have yet to see an FM receiver that did not glitch at one point or another if the transmitter was off. Surprisingly, my old NER327X JR FM receiver seems to be the most "stable" in this environment when compared to the several NER600's I have (on the same frequency) that will twitch the servos at the least provocation when the TX is off.

Maybe newer is not that much better?
Old 03-16-2003, 09:21 PM
Tippie

Default Servo Twitching

Lynx stole my answer. The AGC (automatic gain control) is cranking all the way up looking for a signal. Just picking up any stray rf and trying to make something of it. Sounds normal to me.
Old 03-16-2003, 10:37 PM
planecrazy101

Default Servo Twitching

I think I do have a problem with one of my Tx's. The plane glitches like crazy even with the Tx on. I've never sent one in for repairs before. Where's the best place?
Old 03-16-2003, 11:42 PM
Lynx

Default Servo Twitching

I'm sorry Tippie you can have your answer back if you want, I only needed to borrow it =>
Old 03-17-2003, 12:35 AM
Tippie

Default Radio Repair

Plane Crazy 101 - check out: www.radiosouthrc.com located in Pensacola, FL for your radio repair (if needed). I've heard they do good work. They were at the SE Model Show if you were there. You may want to call or e-mail them first to see if you really do have a problem .

And LYNX, that's one. Don't do it again, I may be thinking of an answer right now so don't even consider it. HA
Old 03-17-2003, 04:27 PM
planecrazy101

Default Servo Twitching

Thanks, I'll check em out. I did go to the show but I don't remember seeing them.