Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

FMA Co0Pilot

Old 03-08-2003, 07:04 PM
moffon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMA Co0Pilot

Will the FMA Co-Pilot help me fly with my 1/4 Scale J3 Cub on floats. Last summer I had some difficulty with it tracking on floats.
FMA literature states that it is used to stabilize the roll and pitch axis. Can I use it on yaw and roll? I'm 70 and have been flying for years but it seems my reactions are not what they used to be.
Old 03-12-2003, 10:43 PM
rcplaincrazy

Default FMA Co0Pilot

No!
the fma copilot works off of the infared thermal energy in the ground I have one on my sons trainer and it does work as advertised. but it does not correct rudder input as far as tracking down the runway as I thought it would he had trouble staying straight on take off we fixed the angle of the nose wheel
and that fixed his tracking problem
I Too have a 1/4 scale cub with floats and have had the same problem with tracking in the water the problem got worse in the air and a friend helped me put a removable vertical fin on the underside of the fuselage not it tracks much better and flies better as well the floats creat a lot of drag and if they are'nt lined up perfectly they make the plane yaw like crazy
hope this helps
Old 03-13-2003, 04:58 AM
Lynx

Default FMA Co0Pilot

That's one of the reasons why they invented gyro's.