Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Single Rate and Dual Conversion receiver and crystals???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Single Rate and Dual Conversion receiver and crystals???

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2002, 10:28 PM
jetfght
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single Rate and Dual Conversion receiver and crystals???

Single Rate and Dual Conversion???
I just bought this cirrus mxr4 receiver...and it's a single rate....any advantages and disavantages...compare to dual Conversion???Can it work w/ dual Conversion radios like the Hitec 3 chhannel FM?Do i need to buy a single rate crystal for it? Or should i return it and buy the dual conversion?? The receiver is going to the wattage hawk...Thank you in advance...
Old 02-24-2002, 04:37 AM
Phil Cole

For that application, single conversion will be OK. They are smaller and lighter than dual conversion receivers.

The are more prone to interference from the image frequency, but that's manageable (most JR receivers are single conversion). The other design compromises made to get the receiver really small and light are more significant, which is why I wouldn't use a park flyer type receiver in something which can accommodate a larger receiver.
Old 02-24-2002, 06:41 AM
jetfght
My Feedback: (2)

Default single

Hello Phil,

How can they be more manageble? Does the regular of Hitec crystal..i think dual conversion works on this particurlar one?thanks for your reply...
Old 02-26-2002, 05:53 AM
Dragon Soaring

No issues with the Tx
A dual conversion cystal is the dual conversion Rx
A single conversion in the single conversion Rx

I fly on a crowded hill and have never had a problem wit the single conversion set up with my 3 ch hitec 7 ch hitec and 7 ch futaba Tx

hope this helps!!