Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

how do i take off my carburater?

Old 07-15-2007, 04:59 PM
hpirs4evoguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i take off my carburater?

i have a t-15 and i need to change the carburater can anyone tell me how to do this?
Old 07-15-2007, 05:22 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: how do i take off my carburater?

Wrong forum but what the heck. Since you also didn't say engine type this will also be a guess.

There are probably 2 screws at the base of the carb on the sides. May be allen screws, phillips or straight slotted. You'll just have to look.

It may also be held in place by a clamp screw "thingy" (sorry, can't think of correct term right now) just behind carb base. This may need to be loosened or even removed.

You should be getting the idea that the problem is at the base of the carb.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:05 PM
hpirs4evoguy

oh srry i did say engine type but not which company srry anywayz its a hpi rs4 evo t-15 and it only has 1 screw at a point but it wont come out and the back is a flat type and it a a lug nut on it?how do i take it off?and thx for the information[8D]
Old 07-18-2007, 02:37 AM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: hpirs4evoguy i have a t-15 and i need to change the carburater can anyone tell me how to do this?
A cinch bolt - loosen the nut and push the bolt back a fraction and carburttor should then lift out. Omly after carb is removed can you remove the bolt. The bolt has a half moon ground into it. the half moon lines up with the bore of the card seat and when the carb is pushed down hard onto the "O"ring for a good seal, then bolt is then tightened and "cinches" and retains the throat of the caburettor.
15101 Nitro Star T-15 Instructions - page 4 show exploded view
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 07-18-2007, 06:16 AM
bruce88123

ORIGINAL: hpirs4evoguy

oh srry i did say engine type but not which company srry anywayz its a hpi rs4 evo t-15 and it only has 1 screw at a point but it wont come out and the back is a flat type and it a a lug nut on it?how do i take it off?and thx for the information[8D]
This is an AIRPLANE beginners forum so you can't expect us to be extremely familiar with trucks and their engines. This is why specifics are nice. Anyway, item 15131 on the above referenced part list is the locking bar you need to loosen.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:32 PM
hpirs4evoguy

ok guys thx for the info it really helped and srry for puttin this in wrong forum