Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Batteries for DX7 receiver

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 01:27 PM
kbless7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Batteries for DX7 receiver

I just recently found out that I will need to buy a new receiver battery due to running 6 servos on my U-Can-Do 46. So the new battery will hopefully be 6V 2000+mAh. Does anybody have suggestions on Ni-CD vs. Ni-MH and the chargers that go with them.

-Matt
Old 07-29-2007, 01:54 PM
JCINTEXAS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Batteries for DX7 receiver

ORIGINAL: kbless7

I just recently found out that I will need to buy a new receiver battery due to running 6 servos on my U-Can-Do 46. So the new battery will hopefully be 6V 2000+mAh. Does anybody have suggestions on Ni-CD vs. Ni-MH and the chargers that go with them.

-Matt
And does anybody have suggestions as to which brand(s) of NiCDs and
chargers are the best and where to buy them?
Any info about this will be much appreciated.
Regards
JC
Old 07-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Russmall

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to "No BS Batteries" at www.hangtimes.com. Lot's of info and great battery packs.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:08 PM
onewasp

Vote number two for no BS Batteries. I use the low impedance Sanyo five cell FAUP-1950.

I also have/use Sirius Pro and Ace DDVC.

I wouldn't vary one number in the above set up. DO NOT confuse the Sirius Pro with any other peak detector-------there isn't a comparison quite frankly!
For initial charging I use the DDVC.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:18 PM
fxrider

Vote #3 for NoBS. Check out their website at the address Rusmall gave you and most of your questions will be answered about batteries. As far as chargers I use a MRC 977 Super Brain and it does all, Lipo. NiCAD, NiMH.....2 channels, can charge 2 batteries at the same time or charge 1 discharge 1.

My DX7 Rx is powered with a NoBS, NiMH, 1800ma, 6v, KAN type ,7 megOhm impedence pack. Running it in a 27% GP CAP232 with 6 3305 futaba and 1 425BB Hitec servos.....no problem, but I load check the battery before each flight. The 1800 pack weighs 6.5 oz and I would expect weight to be a consideration on a UCD 46.

Cheers Mate
Old 08-01-2007, 07:23 AM
RaceCity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vote #4 for NoBS batteries. Great quality, and never any surprises. A#1 supplier.