Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Why can't you just get the radio!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Cambo
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why can't you just get the radio!

I have been waiting for this spread spectrum stuff to take off and it really looks cool. I think i am still going to wait untill december to upgrade though. Now, i am looking around and it apears that spectrum and now futaba don't offer the 7 channel spectrums without servos. I just don't get that. Who, wants to spend an extra 90 bucks on servos you don't need and probabley will not use? I would think that most people who are upgrading already have there plane or heli setup with servos. That 90 bucks could go toward a 2nd spectrum reciever. I just don't get it.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:29 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Why can't you just get the radio!

Why don't you ask BAX about this in the Futaba forum? Might be more helpful than here, might not. They did it with the 6EX, so maybe they just haven't put it in print yet.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:19 PM
RaceCity

Probably for the same reason it's always been a hassle to buy eggs without the shell. I don't eat the shell...I don't want the shell....why to the darned chickens insist on tossing that into the deal??? I just don't get it.

Actually I do get it.

It's much easier from a distribution, and inventory standpoint to sell the radio one way: "With Servos". Most airplanes/helis need servos. Yours might not. Your friends might not, but most folks are going to want some servos.

Now that being said....many LHS's will be happy to sell you the TX/RX sans servos. They'll do this because there's a group of people who'll buy those servos in a heartbeat. The DS-821's are a really good sport servo, and the LHS stands to make a few more bucks on the deal by parting out your radio.

The WISE MAN however....would buy the radio with servos, and sell them on fleabay. You can get $20/ea for them, plus a butt-load in exorbitant shipping costs, and get your end price of the radio well beneath the $300 level. THAT is how to do it.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:26 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

I'm pretty sure Esprit Models sells the transmitter/reciever package, I know they were selling off the 821 servos cheap by the bushell.

Servo City probably does as well.

They actually make more money separating the components and selling them separately.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:10 PM
bruce88123

ORIGINAL: Cambo

I have been waiting for this spread spectrum stuff to take off and it really looks cool. I think i am still going to wait untill december to upgrade though. Now, i am looking around and it apears that spectrum and now futaba don't offer the 7 channel spectrums without servos. I just don't get that. Who, wants to spend an extra 90 bucks on servos you don't need and probabley will not use? I would think that most people who are upgrading already have there plane or heli setup with servos. That 90 bucks could go toward a 2nd spectrum reciever. I just don't get it.
I just posted your basic question in the Futaba forum since I also wanted to know.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just bought the Futaba 6EX-2.4GHz transmitter, receiver, charger and transmitter battery, no servos from a local hobby shop. Seperate receivers are also available.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:42 AM
bruce88123

ORIGINAL: Rodney

I just bought the Futaba 6EX-2.4GHz transmitter, receiver, charger and transmitter battery, no servos from a local hobby shop. Seperate receivers are also available.
That is and has been a standard offering since introduction. He was asking about the upcoming 7C 2.4 system.