Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

What is the diffrence from DX7 Heli and a DX7 air?

Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

What is the diffrence from DX7 Heli and a DX7 air?

Old 08-09-2007, 02:44 AM
radlo13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the diffrence from DX7 Heli and a DX7 air?

any one know?
Old 08-09-2007, 03:50 AM
alan0899

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the diffrence from DX7 Heli and a DX7 air?

G'day Mate,
The only difference is the switch labeling, & it defaults to heli mode instead of Acro mode, I have a heli version, on mode 1, that is all that was imorted into Australia, in the first shipment,
& I use it on planes, no other differences.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:32 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

To be a bit more specific; the heli version has the gear and flap (default "air" names anyway) switches swapped. The three position "flap" switch on the heli is on the top left shoulder of the radio with the "gear" two position switch on the face. Also, the heli version comes with no throttle ratchet which I understand is included with the radio if you want to use it, or it can be removed from the air radio.

And as Alan said, new models default to heli when you start to program a new model into the radio.

I picked up a DX-7 to play with until my new X9303 gets here and on the advice of my LHS guy, I got the heli version and I really like it even though I fly mostly airplanes. So after having used it for a bit, I changed the backorder on my X9303 to a heli version....
Old 08-09-2007, 01:16 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 339 Likes on 271 Posts

Most 3d kinda guys prefer the non ratcheting throttle. Anyone that flys my Funtana on my 9CH asks me how to get a smooth throttle stick.