Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Crow problems with 7CAP, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 10:10 AM
plasticmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crow problems with 7CAP, please help!

I have a new Futaba 7CAP and have a question. Just for the purpose of installing and centering the wing servos, is plugging the flap servo into the aileron slot of the receiver the same as plugging it into the ch. 5 or ch. 7 slot? This is assuming that all channels on the transmitter are centered. This is how I installed all 4 servos in my wing with a quad servo setup and now, with ailerons in channels 1 and 6, and flaps in channels 5 and 7, I’m not getting my flaps to work properly. I have both flaps assigned to switch B under the parameters. Switch B in the up position puts both flaps way up and switch B in the down position puts both flaps way down. I can get them to neutral with the end point adjustments and have them work the way flaps are supposed to, but this messes up my “crow” programming. When I restore the end points for channels 5 and 7 back to 100% and 100%, I get the flaps way up and way down with switch B as described already, and switch G down just moves the flaps down a little bit, not even to center. Do these problems all go back to the way I centered and installed my servos and servo horns? I hope this description makes sense.

Thanks.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:26 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Crow problems with 7CAP, please help!

Center is center assuming trim, subtrim and any switches that effect that channel are zeroed or centered.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:51 AM
plasticmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Crow problems with 7CAP, please help!

Should I be able to program it into working properly, leaving the linkages hooked up the way they are? Right now, Switch B moves the flaps fully up in the up position and fully down in the down position.