Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

left aileron travel problems with spektrum dx7

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 09:39 PM
vstant1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default left aileron travel problems with spektrum dx7

I seem to have a problem programming my dx7 for dual servo ailerons (one for each aileron). I set radio to flaperons and when I try to adjust the throws the left aileron does not move as far as the right. I CAN get it programmed to where they both move the same distance, but when I try to set the dual rates I start running into the same problem, the ailerons do not move the same distance. One technical assistant at horizon hobby told me i should use a y connector after the first assistant couldn't figure it out. That would be the easy solution, but would add unwanted weight. Shouldn't there be some way of using the radio to program the ailerons and be able to use dual rates
Old 08-14-2007, 02:49 AM
alan0899

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: left aileron travel problems with spektrum dx7

G'day Mate,
Your mechanical setup may be wrong, make sure both servos are centred, ie, servo arms exactly 90 degrees to the push rod, with the ailerons at neutral, the holes in your aileron control horns should be exactly over the centre line of you aileron hinges, then try again.
You will need to "INH" your flap switch & slider so that you can't inadvertently have your ailerons/flaps down while setting all this up.
You can activate the flap function later if need be.
Once you have it mechanically set up, then you must have the end points for both channels set to the same amout of throw, right & left, you will notice a small arrow, on the screen when using end point setup, they must be set for right & left throw, 100% is a good starting point.
Then your dual rates, will work properly.
Also make sure you don't have any differential set up, as this will change the amount of aileron up or down depending on which way it is set.
That's all I can think of at the moment.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:44 AM
cahusker
My Feedback: (50)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: left aileron travel problems with spektrum dx7

ORIGINAL: vstant1

I seem to have a problem programming my dx7 for dual servo ailerons (one for each aileron). I set radio to flaperons and when I try to adjust the throws the left aileron does not move as far as the right. I CAN get it programmed to where they both move the same distance, but when I try to set the dual rates I start running into the same problem, the ailerons do not move the same distance. One technical assistant at horizon hobby told me i should use a y connector after the first assistant couldn't figure it out. That would be the easy solution, but would add unwanted weight. Shouldn't there be some way of using the radio to program the ailerons and be able to use dual rates
Here is a link that explains the set up of dual ailerons and elevators from Mike McConville and it works perfectly. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_48...tm.htm#5269071 If you set it up this way and it doesn't work then there is something wrong with the radio.