Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Rc plane & Rc car frequancy problems?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 10:30 PM
Todd L.
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rc plane & Rc car frequancy problems?

Our club was approached by an RC car club that wanted to look into setting up a track in the same county park that our field is located at. We thought it would be a good idea to give them a part of our parking lot to setup a track so we could keep an eye on what kind of equipment they use on their car. just to make sure that nobody using a aircraft radio on their car. My question is: has anybody has had frequency problems with cars and airplanes operating in close proximity? I know cars are on a different bandwidth.

Thank for your input
Old 03-14-2003, 11:24 PM
jetranger-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default cars

When I'm flying at the field, and my kids don't want to fly any more they go run the cars in the parking lot on 49 and the 75 feqs and there has never been a problem both electric and gas cars
Old 03-15-2003, 01:05 AM
Whirley Bird

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: cars

[i] [/B]
It's OK,
Your 3 MEGS apart on between the Air band and cars/boat.
Fly worry free.
Old 03-15-2003, 07:42 AM
Lynx

Well not completly worry free. I don't know anyone that can be 100% relaxed when they have several paychecks travelling at over 40 miles an hour =)
Old 03-16-2003, 01:48 AM
Whirley Bird

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Lynx
Well not completly worry free. I don't know anyone that can be 100% relaxed when they have several paychecks travelling at over 40 miles an hour =)
Well,
Two of my planes are 1 CH apart and I can get as close as 10 feet before the frequencies started to clash with each other.
At the club field everyone is on the 72 MHZ band and only several CH's apart and theres never a problem
Old 03-16-2003, 02:47 PM
Rich-RCU

Default Re: Rc plane & Rc car frequancy problems?

Originally posted by Todd L.
has anybody has had frequency problems with cars and airplanes operating in close proximity?
No problems here in Albuquerque in over four years that I am aware of. Car track about 50 yards from flying area.

Rich