Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

*JR 7202 Not Working*

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default *JR 7202 Not Working*

I have the JR 7202 with the R790 Scan Select SPCM Receiver. I have sent both the TX and RX in to Horizon to be checked and they say they both check out good. With the TX and the RX turned on eveything is dead. I can turn on the TX, then the RX, and the blue light on the RX is on. I have selectied channel 17 on the TX so with the blue light glowing on the RX I push the scan button until the blue light goes off, then push it again and it blinks a few times and then locks onto channel 17. It all sounds good but nothing works. All the servos are dead. I changed batteries, switch but nothing works. I have it set to SPCM. I have tried changing channel and creating a new program. I put an FM receiver in my plane and tried it and it works. For some reason the SPCM wont work. Anyone have any suggestions???
Old 08-18-2007, 12:53 PM
P-40 DRIVER

Default RE: *JR 7202 Not Working*

servo wires plugged into the receiver the right way?
Old 08-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Zippi

P-40 DRIVER,

Yeap, I had thought about that but I flew the plane on a saturday and all I did was charge it up for Sunday and went back out to the field and everything was dead. I have a friend coming over tomorrow that has the same TX and I'm going to try his. I still think there is something wrong with the TX. Even though Horizon checked out both the RX and TX they may have not plugged any servos into the RX. They may have just checked everything on there test equipment. Thanks for the input.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:49 PM
tadawson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any chance of a bad battery/low voltage in the aircraft? Try it with an different pack plugged directly into the RX. I dunno about the JR, but I had exactly this happen to me with a Multiplex synth RX - low voltage, and won't come on line . . .

- Tim
Old 08-19-2007, 05:18 AM
Zippi

tadawson,

Yeap, been there and done that. I mentioned in the original post that I tried a different switch, and battery pack.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:48 AM
TedMo

2 things come to mind. First when you change the modulation on the 7202 after choosing spcm you must click on the select button for it to make the change. Next if you have done this as expected then change the modulation to XPCM not SPCM. You may have a RX that is X. I had this and didn't realize it till trying it.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Zippi

ORIGINAL: TedMo

2 things come to mind. First when you change the modulation on the 7202 after choosing spcm you must click on the select button for it to make the change. Next if you have done this as expected then change the modulation to XPCM not SPCM. You may have a RX that is X. I had this and didn't realize it till trying it.
Tried that as well. The three choices are PPM, SPCM, and ZPCM. Tried them all. I tried creating a new program, changing channels, and modulation. Everything is still dead.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Zippi

Well, I figured out my problem. I don't know how or why it happend and frankly don't remember doing it. Let's just say P-40 DRIVER had me looking in the wright direction
Old 08-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Pilot232
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zippi,

O.K.buddy, time to 'fess up!! What was it. It might save us mortals some embarassment.

Travis
Old 08-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Zippi

ORIGINAL: Pilot232

Zippi,

O.K.buddy, time to 'fess up!! What was it. It might save us mortals some embarassment.

Travis
That's what I was trying to say. Servos were plugged in backward. I didn't even think they would fit that way since one side is flat and the other side is rounded. You see what old age will do to you [:@].