Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

transmitter/reciever compatability

Old 08-30-2007, 09:35 AM
tucker1865
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmitter/reciever compatability

Which recievers can be used with a Futaba radio system (T6EXA,T6AX,T4YF). Which are the best and which should be avoided. Thanks
Old 08-30-2007, 09:59 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: transmitter/reciever compatability

You can use Futaba brand receivers, and any aftermarket reciever with "negative", or selectable shift.
As far as the "best", I don't want to go there. Will start a big "pi$$ing" match.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:07 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tucker1865 Which recievers can be used with a Futaba radio system (T6EXA,T6AX,T4YF). Which are the best and which should be avoided. Thanks
Futaba 72 MHz users wishing to use after market receivers are limited to those which are PPM with negative or auto shift. Comparison charts of RX with FAQ and photos may assist. (Graupner are rebadged JR).
See also "Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ " sub section "Receiver - FAQ, guides and aids to best reception." on my web page for more information.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 08-30-2007, 07:43 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tucker1865

Which recievers can be used with a Futaba radio system (T6EXA,T6AX,T4YF). Which are the best and which should be avoided. Thanks
In the Futaba brand, pick a RX with matching modulation (PPM or PCM) and in the same band (27,50,72,etc) and if 72 MHz, one that is matching as far as HI/LO if not one of the new ones that is good for both. For aftermarket RX's this is not an issue. Dual conversion RX/s are also to be preferred over single if range is an issue as they usually have better selectivity and sensitivity (range). Small (park flyer) RX's are OK for Park Flyers and planes of limited range flying and light weight.