Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

general electronic q

Old 09-05-2007, 08:09 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default general electronic q

ok, so iv seen lots of electric rcs on ebay that have most parts but not all. some dont have reciever, others the esc, or missing a servo. what i dont know is how compatible are parts. if an rc has a hpi reciever, can i use my traxxas tq controler if the crystal set is the same? next, i know nothing about esc's. i have a nitro so iv never read up on esc's. again can any esc work with any reciever? im sure i will be gettting something with a brushed motor, how do i get an esc thats right for a motor i have(what to look for)
im i right in believing that esc's have a voltage (from battery) and motor turn range?
is there any way to guess how fast a given buggy truggy will be with a certain turn motor?

for a motor that is 19turn, what does 19turn mean??????

a wheely king q here to, i know it comes with a 27 turn motor. can i put a 20t or 19t motor with the stock esc?(i might be getting a wheely king as a winter basher)
Old 09-07-2007, 06:46 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: general electronic q

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

ok, so iv seen lots of electric rcs on ebay that have most parts but not all. some dont have reciever, others the esc, or missing a servo. what i dont know is how compatible are parts. if an rc has a hpi reciever, can i use my traxxas tq controler if the crystal set is the same? next, i know nothing about esc's. i have a nitro so iv never read up on esc's. again can any esc work with any reciever? im sure i will be gettting something with a brushed motor, how do i get an esc thats right for a motor i have(what to look for)
im i right in believing that esc's have a voltage (from battery) and motor turn range?
is there any way to guess how fast a given buggy truggy will be with a certain turn motor?

for a motor that is 19turn, what does 19turn mean??????

a wheely king q here to, i know it comes with a 27 turn motor. can i put a 20t or 19t motor with the stock esc?(i might be getting a wheely king as a winter basher)
Sounds like you are focused on cars rather than planes. I fly planes.

However in general the major brands, such as Futaba, Hitec, Airtronics and a few others are well known. Their compatabilty with one another are also well known.

The RTF packaged radios, especially on 27 and 49 MHz, are generally purpose built for that package. They may be able to run other receivers/servos, maybe not. But unless someone has taken that specific RTF package and tried to use THAT radio with some specific other receiver, no one will know.

If you are going to buy RTF, assume the equipment is not mixable with other equipment unless you want to start a testing effort or you find someone who has used that specific combo.

Some RTF packages do include "brand name" radio systems so you can be confident of reuse.

As for turns, this refers to how many wraps of wire there are around the armature in the motor. In general, more turns give you lower RPM but higher torque. However in car motors that may may be different as there could be other factors in play in the whole power system. Gear boxes, for example, would change how you evaluate how many turns might be appropratite to an applicaiton. Some cars have multiple speed transmissions too. You don't see that in airplanes.

I don't believe the ESC knows or cares about the turn count.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:34 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: general electronic q

You need to get the right ESC for your motor. Brushed or brushless = DC or AC and also of the correct amperage.