Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DX-7

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 06:38 PM
mofosheee
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX-7

Could anybody please explain to me why is that when I power up my DX-7 transmitter and then turn on the receiver, the left and right ailerons slam to the stops (as if making a right bank) and then center after about 2 seconds. All other controls surfaces remain centered and unaffected. Thank you.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:41 PM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum DX-7

This is caused by your current servo positions (stick positions and serve directions, etc) not matching the failsafe positions. Re-bind with the current settings and this "servo slamming" should go away...
Old 09-10-2007, 12:16 AM
mofosheee
My Feedback: (4)

It worked.........many Thanks
Old 05-09-2010, 09:05 PM
radpilot
My Feedback: (5)

need some help from some experts on the dx-7 , used the 6 chanel jr in the past , any way . here it is ...after seting my planes up for there maiden flight , flying and adjusting trim for level flight and so on . how do ( offsett trim ) or get the radio to store the current trim positions as the new center for the paticular model ? I called horizion and the said dust leave leave the trim in that position when done flying. dont like that because i like to center all my trims to zero prior to flight. any help is greatly appreciated .
Old 05-10-2010, 12:12 AM
skipperwayne

Adjust the control rods on your airplane so that they don't require any trim adjustment.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:40 AM
tacx
My Feedback: (1)

Radpilot,

It's doing what it is supposed to do. It retains the trim settings so you don't have to adjust your trims each time you fly that particular plane. Why would you want to readjust your trims every time you fly that model? If you feel better having your trims at the exact center position, you are going to have to adjust your control surfaces mechanically (which is allot of work to get them exactly where your trims are when flying), or you need to adjust them to those positions with your "sub trim" function. I'm not positive about the "sub trim" function, but I believe when you adjust trim using sub trim it does not change the trim position indicators on your screen. Maybe someone can verify that.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:30 AM
skipperwayne

That's true, subtrims don't change the trim position indicators. But, I believe the best solution is to have the airplane set up correctly in the first place. I also don't mind a couple clicks of trim to make flying easier.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:08 PM
radpilot

Appreciate what you all are saying , i agrree i dont want to retrim every time , maybe i am not clear enough. on the old 626 fm radio JR you can fly your plane set you trim land . then you store those trim positions in the radio and return the trim tabs to center .

I was hoping that would be the case with the DX7 as well. and yes i know i can adjust control rods , refly a repeat thats old school.. Just liked the convienience of that function and seems odd it was not incorporated in the DX7

Adjusting sub trim seams to be my best altenative

Thanks again
Old 05-10-2010, 04:15 PM
tacx

Thats what the DX7 does. After flying and adjusting your trims it saves them automatically for that model. Later, when you select that model, your trims will be where you want them automatically. They are saved just like when you had to save them manually with your old TX. Sorry, if I'm not understanding what you are asking.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Prairie Mike

On the 783 you could store the trim settings and then return the trim levers to center. That was because the trim settigns varied with each different airplane and when you changed aircraft the trim would be off. That was with mechanical trim levers.

With the digital trims, the trim levers appear to always be centered, and the trim settings are store with each separent aircraft saved. Is this what you were thinking about?
Old 05-11-2010, 10:06 AM
radpilot

yea prarie mike that is my understanding also, I see the levers are centerd but the trim indicator on the LCD will show that particular trim position the last time it was flow. and that will be ok, except the pilot in me wants to return those to a neutreal position prior to flight so as not too have to keep notes on each models trim indicators position for pre flight.

So what i need to do is use sub trim and adjust flight surfaces to replicate the trim positions of the last flight and the return my trim indicators to center , does that sound right ?
Thanks again all of you for the time to respond to questions
Old 05-11-2010, 11:28 AM
tacx

No you don't need to do that. You can, if you want to go through all that work, but it is not necessary. With the DX7 you don't have to keep notes for trim positions. It remembers them for you. Why do you keep wanting to return you trim indicators to neutral. Sorry, I must be missing something?