Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

glitching dx3.0

Old 09-14-2007, 10:40 AM
simonr23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glitching dx3.0

i have a dx3.0 with a hitec 645mg steering servo and the 590z high torque servo thats branded spektrum. as the batteries get a BIT low the servos glitch real bad and i have to turn the car off. if it hasnt already gone out of control! is this normal? the batteries are only a bit below full charge, still very much usable, if not for the glitching. this is the receiver pack.

secondly, even when fully charged, the steering servo can twitch a bit when i have turned the wheels whilst on the carpet and they are finding it hard to fully recentre on their own. is this normal? if i rebind the controller to rx it seems to fix it.

lastly, the time it takes for the rx to pick up the tx varies from instant to 10 seconds. is this normal?

thanks for any info. i only got this radio yesterday, and i was led to believe they are interference free/glitch free. so far it isnt so.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:56 PM
chrisF test pilot

Default RE: glitching dx3.0

What you are seeing isnt glitching due to interference. It sounds like you either have a bad servo or it is stalling and causing your pack voltage to drop down causing the Rx to reboot. I dont use them but from what I have seen here and else where this is pretty common with these, Spektrum actually sells a capacitor that plugs in to the Rx to prevent the reboot issue.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:53 PM
simonr23

Default RE: glitching dx3.0

ok, cheers for that. i'll look one up.