Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Multiplex Royal Evo - Good News!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 09:29 AM
tbjurman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex Royal Evo - Good News!

Just thought I'd let you all know that Multiplex is finally implementing flight mode selectable exponential rates!
This has been a big issue for multiple 3D flyers, including myself. The feature will be implemented in the next software release which is scheduled "beginning of 2008".

Good work Multiplex!

/Thomas
Old 09-17-2007, 11:04 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Multiplex Royal Evo - Good News!

So, any news on 2.4 systems?
Old 09-17-2007, 12:46 PM
tadawson

Myelf, I don't want a new system - I just want a rearward compatible upgrade to the Evo that can support 2.4 (IE, software changes and a 2.4G RF module . . ) . . . why pitch a perfectly good radio, when it is build to be upgradable?

Actually, my dream radio would be a broadband/combo synth that would do 50MHz, 72MHz, and 2.4GHz (At least in the US - basically, a broadband VHF synth TX, which can to any VHF freq, plus 2.4), so I could be compatible with all my receivers, and not have to be forced to "forklift" models to 2.4 that have no need for it . . . (not that any really do . . . it's more of a choice than a need, at least to me . . ).

- Tim
Old 09-17-2007, 01:46 PM
olivier

Hi,

2.4Ghz for the Royal Evo and others : ACT (made in Germany) :

http://www.acteurope.de/2_4engl.pdf

Olivier
Old 09-17-2007, 03:19 PM
ChuckA

I upgraded my backup Evo to 2.4 with XPS. It took only about 5 minutes after I spent half an hour digesting the information in the manual. I can convert it back to 72 just as quick if necessary. Everything worked as advertised. Waiting for end plug receivers to switch the rest of my models to 2.4.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:19 PM
tadawson

God, the way they munge that onto the radio is horrendous, and probably does very evil things to the radio's balance. Keep the circuitry in the module area, and just figure out how to remote the antenna to the normal location!

- Tim

http://runryder.com/helicopter/t373737p1/
looks like fromco has its issues also.

"Looks like you've won this round, Gravity"
Old 09-17-2007, 11:38 PM
RobT
My Feedback: (17)

Will we also be able to program different expo for different directions on the same channel / flight mode?

In other words in a flight condition have 15% expo for up elevator and 10 % for down elevator?

Thank you.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:46 AM
dirtybird

ORIGINAL: olivier

Hi,

2.4Ghz for the Royal Evo and others : ACT (made in Germany) :

http://www.acteurope.de/2_4engl.pdf

Olivier
It would be nice if it said how much and where to get it.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:25 AM
P-51B

I am getting ready to get a new radio, preferably 2.4. Why buy a radio, then have to buy an aftermarket upgrade for a couple hundred bucks when the radios can be made ready to go just like any other system?

Seems to me that Hitec/Multiplex will lose long time customers because they are behind the curve, and unwilling to let their customer base have any idea when, or if, they anticipate to have a 2.4 system to market.

People would likely consider waiting to transition to 2.4 via another manufacturers system if they KNEW something was coming in the next few months. But having no idea will likely push people over to other systems.

Just my opinion...as a long time Hitec user looking to move to a new radio on 2.4....
Old 09-18-2007, 11:55 AM
tadawson

Why buy a radio and then an aftermarket 2.4G system? Because that radio has features that don't exist in a native 2.4 radio system, that's why! Show me any other system out there with the software flexibility of Multiplex that is native 2.4, and maybe you have a point, but so far, there are none . . . . Same goes for my JR 10X as well - I'll put in a module in a heartbeat if/when I go to 2.4, but for now, anything 2.4 native would be a huge downgrade. Same goes for my Evo . . . That, and with the module/upgrade, you can still fly 72/50/whatever MHz stuff, unlike the 2.4 native, where you basically cut your legs off, or have to own two radios . .

- Tim
Old 09-18-2007, 06:15 PM
P-51B

Lets see, for the JR 10 channel you can replace it with the 12 channel.

I agree about the evo.

My radio is era 1991 or so, very limited computer mixes. But, I can go out and get a ready to go futaba 12 channel with true frequency hopping and not have the hassle of antenna sticking out the back of the box or the added cost.

Honestly, how hard can it be to offer the EVO ready to go???

They should at least let the customer base know what is coming and when. I hate to go back to Futaba, but right now there systems look to be the best bang for the buck.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:30 PM
dirtybird

I plan to buy an Evo and stick an xtreme module in it . The cost will be about 1/2 the Futaba 12 channel 2.4 that you can't get yet
Old 09-19-2007, 07:35 AM
rorywquin

ORIGINAL: tbjurman

Just thought I'd let you all know that Multiplex is finally implementing flight mode selectable exponential rates!
This has been a big issue for multiple 3D flyers, including myself. The feature will be implemented in the next software release which is scheduled "beginning of 2008".

Good work Multiplex!

/Thomas

I am sure you got this from a reliable source but .....................

If you know MPX then you know that they never keep to their dates. 2 years ago they told me that it (upgrade) was coming in a few months - I am still waiting. I will believe it when I see it. I think they make these promises to stop people changing brands by keeping that carrot hanging out there.

They advertised the EVO 2 years before it was actually launched - nice trick to keep the people who were going to change brands hanging on for the new radio.

I know their stuff is good but my next TX will not be a MPX. There are other radios out there that can do everything I need.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:23 AM
Capgains
My Feedback: (4)

P-51Bravo,

What you are saying about buying a new system that is native 2.4ghz makes perfect sense... To you. If you are flying 1991 era systems, then heck, upgrading for you is a no brainer. You probably have radios that have single or only a few model memory. Going to a new system will open up all kinds of doors for you.

I however have all of my airplanes on one transmitter... 8 total. And some of them have complex mixes, different rates, and different functions. To me it is much easier to consider buying an aftermarket module, than spend the time to learn a whole new system, not to mention re outfit servos and servo leads.

You wouldn't be thinking you needed to go to a new Futaba 12 FASST, if you were using an EVO 12 right now.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:30 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Man, I hope this is true (switchable expo).
Old 09-24-2007, 04:47 AM
merengue

i recently spoke with an high placed multiplex employee and said me the same things we are speaking here, i.e Evo will soon get new firmware with expo-per-phase AND selectable phase transition delay (they will be slow,fast and instant (zero delay)). He told me it will be released in about 3 months, which corresponds to the Thomas claim. Ler's hope mpx will make us happy!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:10 AM
rorywquin

Thomas was told early 2008 - that could be any time in the first quarter.
Merengue has been told in about 3 months.
We already have a 3 to 4 month spread!
I remain sceptical but will be happy to be proved wrong by MPX![sm=what_smile.gif]
Old 09-27-2007, 08:02 AM
ChuckA

None of this matters to me. My Evo currently does everything I need so it is no news for me.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:46 AM
rorywquin

Any news yet from MPX?
Old 01-14-2008, 09:29 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

My latest plane calls for three different flight modes with three different expo rates. I wish MPX wasn't so slow[:@]
Old 02-07-2008, 10:26 PM
rorywquin

MPX have announced an EVO-PRO. I don't read German very well but it seems to have a lot of the improvements people (you amateur users )were looking for.

Looks like the EVO-"amateur" users might have to pay for the long promised upgrades. Be surprised to see MPX supply the SW for free if it is now incorporated in the new model.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:21 PM
rorywquin

For those of you who don't follow the looong thread in RCGROUPS, MPX are now apparently saying that the upgrades will be after the release of the PRO which, is mid June.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:48 PM
tadawson

And the big question is: What changes in the "Pro"? The pictures look identical from what I can see to what I have now . . .

- Tim
Old 08-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Flyer Freq

Soooooo! After all these month's, where is the upgrade??? Any info would be great!
Old 09-19-2008, 04:03 PM
Flyer Freq

I got tired of waiting for news on the EVO upgrade, so I contacted Multiplex myself, about the upgrade. I bascially got the "what upgrade" answer. Here is a cut and paste from the e-mail:

Hello Andy,

Thank you for choosing Hitec products. Unfortunately, there is no word of an upgrade from this side.

Thank you,

XXXX XXXX

Sure hated to read this! I really had high hopes that I could finally use my EVO 9 the way it should be able to be used. Starting to seriously consider the competition! Mike, if you are tuned in, can you give us any hope that the EVO 9 will have dual rates and 2.4GHz technology?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.