Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Why plane finders don't work with FASST R606FS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 12:35 PM
Mike in DC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why plane finders don't work with FASST R606FS?

I have found something a bit annoying about the Futaba FASST R606FS receiver. None of my "plane finders" work with it. These are little devices that plug into the receiver, and beep constantly when the receiver loses contract with the transmitter. One beeps all the time, and another never beeps. The Hobbico "Air Alert" works OK, but it uses a pass-through for the throttle, so it's slightly different technology, and it has some bad habits I don't like (beeps if you don't move throttle at least once every 60 seconds).

I don't understand why these devices don't work with the R606FS. I know the radio frequencies and protocol between the transmitter and receiver is completely different from traditional 72MHz radios, but I'd think the servo output (which is where these devices plug in) would be the same.

Anybody know the details on this?
Old 09-23-2007, 07:10 PM
fritzthecat
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why plane finders don't work with FASST R606FS?

Because - like with PCM on 72Mhz - when the Rx looses the Tx signal, the Rx outputs the last known good position signal to the servos. The only failsafe channel on the 606 is Ch3, the throttle, which will move to the predetermined position upon loss of signal (if failsafe is activated). The only way the planefinder would work, is to plug it in to a channel that has failsafe. The 8ch Rx has failsafe on all channels as does the 14Ch.

Fritz
[ul][*] [*] [*]
[/ul]