Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Future Pricing on Futaba 2.4

Old 09-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Whistling Death

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Future Pricing on Futaba 2.4

While it is on the high side right now I just wonder what the pricing, in future, is going to be like for the Futaba 2.4 gear. Hopefully they will drop their prices ones they get rolling with it.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:47 PM
Gulliver

Default RE: Future Pricing on Futaba 2.4

If it really gets rolling, why would they drop the pice ?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:34 PM
RCPilot100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree on the pricing - why drop it if we are buying it. The more interesting question I have been wondering about is why Futaba had to wait until they had competition to bring out the new FAAST systems? Doesn't their literature talk about them having experience with the technology for something like 20 years? Futaba is a giant electronics conglomerate with the resources to bring such stuff to market - but it appears they had no intention of doing so until some one else threatened their dominance and market share. I sort of get the feeling I know where Futaba places the RC consumer on the totem pole.

Dan
Old 09-25-2007, 04:24 PM
woodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RCPilot100

I agree on the pricing - why drop it if we are buying it. The more interesting question I have been wondering about is why Futaba had to wait until they had competition to bring out the new FAAST systems? Doesn't their literature talk about them having experience with the technology for something like 20 years? Futaba is a giant electronics conglomerate with the resources to bring such stuff to market - but it appears they had no intention of doing so until some one else threatened their dominance and market share. I sort of get the feeling I know where Futaba places the RC consumer on the totem pole.

Dan
You could also look at it the other way around. Here is a RC radio manufacturer that has many years experience in SS and they don't bring out a SS radio until 'forced' to. I wonder what they know about SS that we don't know (yet). It could also be they did not want to be the first manufacturer to dip their toe in the unknown water. Both their predecessors have certainly had their share of teething problems.

Woodie
Old 09-25-2007, 08:37 PM
Darkbird
My Feedback: (7)

I could be wrong but it seems that the technology has only recently come down far enough in price to make it practical for RC applications. Remember that in commercial apps there is alot more money involved and that may be where Futaba makes the bulk of thier money.