Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

4 functions from an Airtronics M8 3 channel?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 07:35 AM
007clint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 functions from an Airtronics M8 3 channel?

In the 'old' days, there were ways to actually get 4 functions from a 3 channel radio. In this day of wild electronics. Back then we used rubberband power (were they called escapements?) instead of servos. Is there something like this now? Is it possible to add a fourth channel to an Airtronics M8?
Old 09-29-2007, 08:58 AM
007clint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4 functions from an Airtronics M8 3 channel?

Ok... no bites yet, so let me explain further. I was thinking - why not use the 3rd channel for two functions and toggle between them?

You're in the fourth heat of the very close 6 heat hydroplane race, you launch during milling time, warm up the engine, adjust the neeedle, but the wind comes up and you have waves much bigger than expected! You would like to adjust the trim a little but, of course, cannot. Only one boat finishes (the slowest one).

This has happened to me twice now and having a trim adjustment would be great!

I will throw out some ideas: a toggle 'signal' of some sort (all the way cw, all the way ccw), a timer that switches servo control from one to the other after a specified time, better yet somehow (and this is way over my head) add a fourth channel (my Novak Receivers are 5 channels) by adding a circuit or swapping out the 'innards' in the transmitter.

Am I crazy? Has anyone tried this?