Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

why the rediculous delivery times for 12FG

Old 10-05-2007, 04:34 PM
summerwind

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default why the rediculous delivery times for 12FG

what's up with Futaba these days...........i just prepaid for a 12FG 2.4 GHz system, and at the time it was listed for delivery as "late October"........now it says "late December".

for us that have been loyal Futaba users and have a plane or 2 waiting for the radio i find this unacceptable.

is there anyway to pinpoint a more exact time for delivery?

if not i'm going to dump all Futaba product and switch to JR.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:31 PM
cmoulder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: why the rediculous delivery times for 12FG

Same for the 9C modules...

I have been flying only a couple of years and don't have as big an investment as some of you guys, but still it's fairly substantial. Perhaps I should make the switch now to JR.

So Futaba reps, when are the 2.4 ghz systems and modules actually going to be available? Santa wants to know.[&o]
Old 10-06-2007, 07:43 AM
summerwind

the one thing i am is patient, and when it comes to buying something new from Futaba, i have no ill concerns. now in the digital camera world, a first release of any of Canon's newest DSLR's is always a "let down" experience as they have yet to release a new DSLR without a bug or quite a few bugs.
But with Futaba, their rock solid radios have always been "peace of mind" experiences for me.
i'm not buying the 12FG becuase i have lots of money, but i want to get a jet in the air, and don't want to spend a ton of dough for the 12 or 14Z and then have to upgrade it to 2.4 later at another 400 bucks.
the 12FG fits the bill for all my flying needs.
the 2.4 technology from Futaba has definately proved itself. i have the 6EX 2.4, and this is basically what brought me out of a 15 year retirement from RC'ing. the system has been rock solid, and has been for a few other people that are using 2.4 at our field.
we already know that the 12FG is available on the MHz frequencies and is reviewed by a couple reviewers as being an excellent radio, so Futaba as usual has hit the mark.
but in the 2.4 world, they are losing people left and right to JR, and will lose more in the long run to those who don't visit websites like this and just walk in and buy from the LHS.
i know eventually these systems will show up, and as the anger wears off i become more content to wait it out, but it really sucks that such a great radio manufacturer like Futaba can't even give an exact week that these new systems will be ready and in our hands. it's the 21st century you all, not the 'ol check your mailbox days for the flyer.............anyone remember how that use to be?
Old 10-06-2007, 08:50 AM
cmoulder

There has been an awful lot of advertising for a product that is not yet widely available.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:18 AM
LSF2298
My Feedback: (4)

That's called "Stalling the Market". They hope you won't buy a different product and will wait until they can get theirs to market. There are FTC rules against it but the RC Market is not large enough for the FTC to give a hoot.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:54 AM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

I'd bet my piggy bank there is a lot of fine tuning going on, or at least testing and re-testing. Really looking forward to an high end fasst or offering from futaba, hope it comes in my life time. The advertising certainly has been beating us over the head. When was all this announced? A year ago?

Joe
Old 10-06-2007, 10:25 AM
saramos

Testing and fine tuning can certainly delay the release of a product. But if you are going to take "Advance Sales" and delays continue, I think the most likely explanation is the one LSF2298 has. I've had experience with other radio products where I purchased before the release. The release date was pushed back several times. The company had all kinds of explanations about re-testing and correcting early manufacture issues. In the end, it was still an unreliable product when delivered. But the pre-sales were started shortly before a larger competitor released their own product with similar features. The question to ask is, has anyone else announced a comparable system that could (at least in their own eyes) threaten Futaba sales?

Scott
Old 10-06-2007, 03:31 PM
klhoard
My Feedback: (10)

I'm sure Tower is pretty P.O.'d right now. Every catalog that I've gotten in the mail for the last month has had the 12FG and the TM modules plastered all over it with no "due date" - implying that these systems exist and are in stock. Tower's operators are surely tired of explaining the delay to people and spouses calling in, especially since the TM modules were going to be on my Christmas list. Ooops!!
Guess I'll have to go thru the Horizon Christmas catalog and start circling JR stuff. . .
Old 10-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Achillesfilho

MOVING TO JR.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:55 PM
caliber330

Just what is going on here Futaba. This system was announced back in April, yet since then, the availability date keeps moving.

"15 years of experience" with industrial R/C seems to count for nothing.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:43 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bye, bye
Old 10-07-2007, 12:49 AM
Mr. Mugen

I too will wait for them to come out. If more R&D is needed then by all means do it before releasing a bunch of subpar radios. However if Nomadio comes out with their 16ch first I will get it in a second. Been waiting on buying one for some time now.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:08 AM
summerwind

i'm sure Bill will do his best at giving us an explanation as to why the delays keep happening. for the record, Bill has answered all my PM's about this radio in full detail.
if there is some tweaking still needed to get this system right, then i can certainly understand, but the scary part on all this is that Futaba claims 15 years experience with this technology, but in 9 months now since first advertised, they still can't get it to the consumer?
Old 10-07-2007, 04:41 PM
a1pcfixer
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: summerwind

i'm sure Bill will do his best at giving us an explanation as to why the delays keep happening.
No he won't, he'll delete all negative replies here regarding late deliveries, and say Futaba tell him nothing.

if there is some tweaking still needed to get this system right, then i can certainly understand, but the scary part on all this is that Futaba claims 15 years experience with this technology, but in 9 months now since first advertised, they still can't get it to the consumer?
Agreed. It sure would be great Futaba 'PR' to be honest & up front with a simple explanation for these numerous delays.
Saying here that they'll be out when Futaba ships them simply isn't doing any of us any good.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:32 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: a1pcfixer

i'm sure Bill will do his best at giving us an explanation as to why the delays keep happening.
No he won't, he'll delete all negative replies here regarding late deliveries, and say Futaba tell him nothing.
Actually, he'll either delete all but the original post because this is NOT a discussion forum and give a brief reply or he will move the whole thing to another forum so you can all whine there in peace.

I, for one, am sure Futaba is doing all they can do to get product on the shelves ASAP (why wouldn't they?) and do not intend to whine. BTW - JR has a bunch of whiners too that you can join.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:02 PM
summerwind

yeah i know Bill will delete it or all of it........but the point has been made here and eslewhere for over 7-800 people to read and voice their concerns.
as for whiners, that's hardly fair.......................try having 2 expensive planes sitting around waiting for a radio such as this so you can make use of the features. that and the fact that we are loyal Futaba users, and you'll understand it's not whining, it's more of a concern.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:20 PM
summerwind

hey guys.....................just got the news from a very very reliable source that the radios are on the boat and almost here............looks like a delay to boost sales.
i knew Futaba had their act together............................but i think the retailer is playing us.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:53 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I dont see how a delay can boost sells if anything it will cost them
some sales. IMO they knew up front that it would take longer than
they said from the start.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:36 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

I just gave up and bought a Multiplex from Hobby Horse and updated it with an xtreme module. Nearly 1/2 the price for a 12 channel radio
Old 10-08-2007, 04:04 PM
a1pcfixer
My Feedback: (7)

yeah i know Bill will delete it or all of it........but the point has been made here and eslewhere for over 7-800 people to read and voice their concerns.
We'll, he took the easy way out & moved the thread.
That pretty much says he's unwilling to explain the frequent delays in delivery.[>:]
Old 10-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Mr. Mugen

Why not at least a reply? That shows me poor PR if anything. Why? No sorry guy's or please hang in there or any of it? Is it that hard of an issue to address? Very sad[] I have a plane that ran me nearly 3000.00 waiting for this and not even the slightest idea when I may maiden it......but that multiplex is sounding pretty good too.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:24 PM
summerwind

funny, but the 7C 2.4Ghz systems have had their date suddenly change from "late december" to "late november".............................
i doubt Bill can say anything on this subject for the time being, and it would have been a big mistake to delete this thread now that people are looking at it.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:47 AM
rorywquin

ORIGINAL: LSF2298

That's called "Stalling the Market". They hope you won't buy a different product and will wait until they can get theirs to market. There are FTC rules against it but the RC Market is not large enough for the FTC to give a hoot.

Multiplex are worse - they will let out hints 2 years before it is available!