Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Metal geared servos and metal control arms

Old 10-13-2007, 05:43 PM
tsawyer148
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metal geared servos and metal control arms

I am in a bit of a pickle, (no time to explain), but I am wondering what the concensus is about using the anodized aluminum control arms on metal geard servos. I have some S3050 Futaba's that I am putting in a plane and made a small mis-calculation on the length and width needed for the servo arms. I have a but-load of the anodized servo arms here and have heard that it may be bad to put metal arms on metal geared servos, (these servos have the metal shaft on them), as it may cause interference. Is there any truth to that? The original arms I bought are not going to work.

I ask as I am in a bit of a hurry to get a plane finished for a specific event and don't have time to order or go to my not-so-local hobby shop to get new ones.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

T.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:13 PM
onewasp

Default RE: Metal geared servos and metal control arms

The metal arm on metal geared servos is virtually a standard.
Where did you hear that they caused RF interference??

To my knowledge and based upon first hand experience that is totally WRONG!
Old 10-13-2007, 06:30 PM
tsawyer148
My Feedback: (8)

Without getting into a lengthy explanation, I live in a very rural area and there is a limited knowledge base to ask questions. There are a few "old school" guys around here who have heard from a friend of a friend of a friend that he tried it with one of his planes and was told by a friend of a friend of a friend that it was a bad idea. I have tried to find any information about this in the threads here but have not had much luck. My question stems from the fact that quite frankly I just don't know the answer and there are not very many people around here to ask an opinion of, without getting an answer that goes something like "so and so told me that it was a bad idea so you shouldn't do it". Basically an un-educated response but none the less, I have no personal experience so it would be hard for me to argue the point.

Thank you very much for your response, I do appreciate it.

T.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:12 PM
P-40 DRIVER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no problem, just don't use a metal link to your pushrod, that might vibrate and cause an issue. Use a ball link instead.