Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Royal EVO reset

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 08:23 AM
vili42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal EVO reset

Is it possible to reset Royal EVO to factory defaults ?
Old 03-28-2003, 02:53 PM
zippo

Default Royal EVO reset

Good question .. l've had a quick look at my set and can't actually find anything that suggests an-inbuilt reset function. However I downloaded the MPX beta software for the evo and that seems to have a default settings file included with it. So I'm guessing that it can only be done by having the transmitter connected to your PC. I could be wrong .. I will have a longer look at it tonight when I get home.

The software is on the MPX web site - free download.
Old 03-28-2003, 03:19 PM
rorywquin

Default Royal EVO reset

Zippo

Is the interface cable something that can be easily made up or do I need to go and buy one!
Old 03-28-2003, 03:57 PM
zippo

Default Royal EVO reset

Well you can buy one - apparently the cockpit data cable is compatible. However Harry Curzon built his own using various bits bought from Mapplins. I'm will talk with him tonight and ask where he got the details from (I suspect it was from the web!). Hopefully he can reply in person.

Tony
Old 03-28-2003, 06:14 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Royal EVO reset

The cable I made is specifically to connect a Profi 3030 to a PC to use Seagull Technologies' sMPX software. I don't know if it works with anything else. The sMPX software does not say that the Mpx Cockpit lead can be used, so I have my doubts that the sMPX diagram will work for the Evo. Best to get the proper Mpx lead and then you can be sure that you can't damage your Evo.

As to the original question, no, the Evo does not include a factory reset option on the Tx.

Harry
Old 03-28-2003, 07:12 PM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default PC Cable

Originally posted by HarryC
The cable I made is specifically to connect a Profi 3030 to a PC to use Seagull Technologies' sMPX software. I don't know if it works with anything else. The sMPX software does not say that the Mpx Cockpit lead can be used, so I have my doubts that the sMPX diagram will work for the Evo. Best to get the proper Mpx lead and then you can be sure that you can't damage your Evo.

As to the original question, no, the Evo does not include a factory reset option on the Tx.

Harry
Harry,
I am told that the 3030/4000 cable works but the cockpit one doesn't. My friend Andy Shaw has the cable and software and reports that it works well.
Regards,

John.
Old 03-28-2003, 07:29 PM
HarryC

Default Royal EVO reset

There was a report on rcgroups from someone with a Cockpit cable that did work with the Evo!
Old 03-29-2003, 09:20 PM
SDespot

Default Royal EVO reset

Hello,
I have made a cable which I am using for connection between PC and both my transmitters, Cockpit MM and mc3030. With Cockpit MM and MPX Radio Master software pins 3 and 5 on DIN jack should be connected to disable RF transmittion. With mc3030 and sMPX software those pins should not be connected so one simple switch could be used to do the job.
Old 04-01-2003, 03:03 PM
vili42

Default Royal EVO reset

Thank you for your answers. I will ask my dealer for this cable.
Old 04-01-2003, 03:41 PM
HarryC

Default Royal EVO reset

Vili, why would you want to set it back to factory defaults? The mixers are meant to be altered by you to suit your models and needs, the way they are when you bought the set is just an example of typical settings to get you started. If you reset back to factory condition, then you will make a mess of all the models you have programmed that use mixers. Remember that the Evo is unique in that the mixers are not specific to each model but are global, if you alter the tiniest bit of the mixer definition you will alter every model that uses the mixers. I say forget the factory setting and go your own way. If you just want to empty a model memory then follow the instructions to clear that memeory alone.

Harry
Old 04-02-2003, 07:24 AM
rorywquin

Default Royal EVO reset

Harry
The Cockpit MM cable comes with software etc ! Being a tight B*****D, I don't want to pay £35 for a cable.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:02 AM
vili42

Default Royal EVO reset

Vili, why would you want to set it back to factory defaults? The mixers are meant to be altered by you to suit your models and needs, the way they are when you bought the set is just an example of typical settings to get you started. If you reset back to factory condition, then you will make a mess of all the models you have programmed that use mixers. Remember that the Evo is unique in that the mixers are not specific to each model but are global, if you alter the tiniest bit of the mixer definition you will alter every model that uses the mixers. I say forget the factory setting and go your own way. If you just want to empty a model memory then follow the instructions to clear that memeory alone.

Harry

I have bought that transmitter from somebody who have used it. I'm new to the programming transmitters and I want to start step by step following the manual instructions. In the manual they presume that transmitter has factory defaults. That is why I need to reset Evo. (Sorry for my English I hope you will understand)
Old 10-22-2003, 02:39 PM
Jeddy

Default RE: Royal EVO reset

Hi, was there an update to this? Is it possible to make up a PC to Evo cable myself, or is buying one still the (expensive) recommendation?
Thanks.
Old 10-22-2003, 04:25 PM
HarryC

There is a fair bit of electronics inside the Evo to PC cable so the only option at present is to buy the genuine Mpx part.

H
Old 10-23-2003, 05:43 AM
rorywquin

I relented and bought a cable - I reckoned that on a £340-00 transmitter £30-00 for a cable was worth the price not to bugger up my set!
Old 10-23-2003, 03:21 PM
Jeddy

Thanks guys, I guess once you buy the materials for the cable it's going to cost towards £10 anyway, so it's only £20 I'd be saving ... [just trying to convince myself... ;-) ]
I'll phone 'em tomorrow.
Cheers again.