Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

X9303 NEED AILERON SETUP HELP

Old 10-27-2007, 04:38 PM
airbusdrvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X9303 NEED AILERON SETUP HELP

It is Saturday night and I have a dual aileron(flaperon) setup problem. In Device Select I have inhibited(INH) all the switches for auxillary channels. However, in the Wing Type page, when I highlight and try to select on INH under Aileron to assign the other wing's aileron servo to a channel, it does not open the box to allow this selection. I know this must be something I have not set up properly in another page, but I cannot find it. Anyone smart enough to help out this newbie with his new X93903?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30278.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	791648   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29763.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	791649  
Old 10-27-2007, 06:53 PM
onewasp

Default RE: X9303 NEED AILERON SETUP HELP

Go back to default settings on the Tx.
Read pages A-11 through a-17 for the correct set up procedure.

You need to be in Wing Type to start with not inhibiting all the switches for aux. channels!

Take your time----use the instructions.
Either with your disc or you can go to Horizon's site for the X9303 and get the instructions there by selecting "support".
The third line accesses the Air Instructions (pages. listed above).

Old 10-27-2007, 10:04 PM
Wlouigene
My Feedback: (66)

Ailerons and Wing Type

Go in SYSTEM MENU, Jog down to DeviceSEL and make sure all switches and channels are set to INH. Return to the main SYSTEM Menu and select Wing TYPE. Set the wing type to "flaperon". This will automatically mix the Aileron channel and Flap (Aux. 1) channel. Plug the right Aileron into the Aileron channel (Ch2) and plug the left Aileron servo into the FLAP or AUX1 channel (Ch6) of the RX The radio will now refer to these channels as LAI and RAI. This allows us to adjust the centering (sub trim), direction, and travel endpoints of each aileron separately. Once we have set up the wing type, it's time to hook up the aileron servo linkages and set up the directions, centering and travel.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:02 AM
airbusdrvr

Wlouigene, Thanks for the reply. I am setting up a Hangar 9 80" J-3 Cub which is a simple 5 servo(left and right aileron) arrangement. Last week when I received the X9303 and some receivers(R921s and AR7000s), I set up my simplest airplane(single aileron servo Kaos) with no problem. Then last evening I started my next simplest plane, the Cub. But when proceding step by step through the setup procedeure, I could not get page A-14, "Dual Channels(Wing Type)" to program as directed. However, I ljust looked in the subtrim menu and indeed left aileron is identified. So maybe all is well and I didn't know it. I will attach the wings this morning and see if they are functioning. Thanks again for the reply.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:47 AM
airbusdrvr

Wlouigene, your directions are correct. Everything works normally. The owner's manual doesn't say that the instructions on A-14, Dual Channels(Wing Type) does not apply if Flaperons were previously selected. At least I didn't find it. Thanks Again