Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 129DP om 6 volts

Old 03-31-2003, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 129DP om 6 volts

I am running dual 129DP receivers on a 42% ultimate with dual 2400 mah 6 volt batteries. One receiver has a hesitation on the elevator and the other does not. When I switch to 4.8 vaolt battery, the glitch disappears. Any have this problem? Suggested cure?
Old 04-02-2003, 01:00 PM

I am running a single 129dp on 6.0 volts and have had no problems with glitches in my 35% scale plane or smaller glow planes. When trying to diagnose any problem you will have to isolate the offending component. I would be more suspect of the servo lead/connector or servo rather than receiver. Try running the elevators with a Y harness to one receiver and see what happens. It's possible that the one receiver has a loose connection. Running your system on 6.0 volts is fine, I would also ask myself why the problem disappears with 4.8v pack. Don't run it on 4.8v thinking you have solved the problem because it may still exist.
Old 04-02-2003, 05:12 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What kind of servo do you have? Your receiver has its own internal voltage regulator for its own circuitry, but the power bus to the servos passes on straight battery voltage. Your servo may not "like" the higher-voltage pack.

If you're running an unregulated 5-cell NiCd battery pack, it can be as high as 7.5 V when fully-charged. Many servos don't work well if the voltage gets much higher than 6V. With NiCd packs, though, it's easy to exceed the 6 V limit.
Old 04-02-2003, 05:32 PM

Thanks for the replies. I'm running 5301 and 5302 on the rudder and elevators. Looks like I'll have to send it back to futaba as I just tested the receiver with a 9402 and found the hesitation on three different channels. The receiver for the other side has no hesitation with any servo so there must be a loose connection in the hesitating receiver.