Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Berg, FMA, and other second party Receivers

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 02:52 AM
kojak41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Berg, FMA, and other second party Receivers

[8D]I have a number of Airtronic, both old and new style, and JR flight systems. I understand Berg and possible other second party receivers can be set up either as positive or negative shift systems so that they can be made compatable with my Airtronics and JR systems, but what servo and battery wiring do they use? Can I use any of my Airtronics or JR servos with any of these systems?
Old 11-15-2007, 11:42 AM
pilotpete2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Berg, FMA, and other second party Receivers

As to the servo and battery wiring issue, all receivers (well except some ultra micros that use jst connector) are the universal standard with red/pos. in the center position, so only servos or switch harness from "old" Airtronics need to be modified.
Most 3rd party receivers are either auto or manual shift select, or in some cases have to be ordered in the shift you want, for example, the popular Hitec Electron 6 has to be ordered with the shift you want, also FMA's rock solid dual conversion line are also not selectable.
Good luck,
Pete
Old 11-16-2007, 08:44 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

In other words modulation shift is not the same issue as the plug wiring polarity. All four of the current major plug types are of the same wiring polarity: Hitec S, Jr, Airtronics Z and Futaba J. Centerpin positive, you will not be able to plug any of your 'old style airtonics' servo plugs or switch harness which is #3 pin posiive into any new Rx without adapters or reversing the polarity as well as modifying the plug to fit or replace the plug.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:39 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: kojak41 [8D]I have a number of Airtronic, both old and new style, and JR flight systems. I understand Berg and possible other second party receivers can be set up either as positive or negative shift systems so that they can be made compatable with my Airtronics and JR systems, but what servo and battery wiring do they use? Can I use any of my Airtronics or JR servos with any of these systems?
Refer sub sections "Buddy Boxes. Servo Leads. Flight Simulator & Interface." and "Receiver - FAQ, guides and aids to best reception.." on my web page, especially Servos - Wiring Diagrams = use with other brand RX.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links