Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

8UAP glitch problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 08:49 PM
kcollier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8UAP glitch problem

I have an 8UAP thats programed for FLPRON to enable right aileron on channel 6. I'm setting up an Aeroworks Edge 540T with all new servos, extensions, hardware etc. The problem that I've now having is when I use rudder (on channel 4), the aileron on channel 6 jitters.
I've tried two different Futaba FP-R127DF FM receivers, swapped new extensions, new servos, deleted model from radio and set it again from scratch. Still always getting interference on channel 6 only when I use rudder control (on channel 4). From my limited knowledge,
it looks like the radio may be having a problem. I have 3 other models on the radio thats never had a problem, but none uses channel 6 either. Any ideas or suggestion of things to check/test would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:59 PM
alan0899

Default RE: 8UAP glitch problem

G'day Keith,
Is it possible that you have your RX aerial running down the inside of the fuselage, & ending up near the rudder servo, so that when you move the rudder, it induces a signal into the RX aerial, causing the glitch.
If so try moving the aerial & see if that stops the problem.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:26 PM
kcollier

Thanks for the prompt response Allen. I was hoping that your suggestion would solve my problem but sad to say it didn't. I ran the aerial outside the AC just under the wing. Let it hang down to the floor (plane is up on my work table) and still getting same amount of jitter. Maybe it time to get one of those 2.4Mhz radio's! Thanks again.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:47 AM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: kcollier

Thanks for the prompt response Allen. I was hoping that your suggestion would solve my problem but sad to say it didn't. I ran the aerial outside the AC just under the wing. Let it hang down to the floor (plane is up on my work table) and still getting same amount of jitter. Maybe it time to get one of those 2.4Mhz radio's! Thanks again.
Before you give up you might want carry the airplane outside and test. Florescent lights in an enclosed area will sometimes create conditions resembling a glitch. Additionally a fresh charged 5 cell battery pack will appear to glitch until the edge comes off the battery. Also too many connectors between receiver and servo will aggravate the issue.

Bill
Old 11-19-2007, 07:03 PM
whstlngdeath
My Feedback: (15)

Keith,
Is your 8U the "Super" version? If so, you can move the second aileron servo from channel 6 to channel 5 if channel 5 is not being used. Hopefully, if the problem is on Ch.6, moving the second aileron servo to channel 5 would solve the problem. You can do the switch to channel 5 in the "PARA" section of the menu. Like I said though, this can only be done on the 8U Super transmitter.

Jesse
Old 11-19-2007, 08:13 PM
pilotpete2

Hi Keith,
I think Bill is on the right track here, in addition to the possibilities Bill mentioned, swamping of the receiver at close range is also a possibility.
If you can, take it outside and see if the condition clears up with the transmitter a little further away from the plane, this may help also.
I am ASSuming you are having this problem on the bench, as it is a new setup, hope I ASSume correctly

Good luck,
Pete