Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Featherweight receiver question

Old 04-01-2003, 10:57 PM
SLO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Featherweight receiver question

I am just curious if a Hitec Feather sub-micro 4-channel receiver will work for my needs or if I need something more. I am going to put it into a "moth" wich is a glider intended for dynamic soaring and or slope soaring. I am only powering 2 servos that are mixed in a JR radio with elevon. I will power it with a 4.8 V 270 mah battery?

What are the limitations etc....?

Why would you need more than a 4 channel receiver if you aren't using more than 4 servos?

Last question is what does it mean when people talk about dual conversion receivers?

Sorry for all the questions. I am sure that most of the answers are simple ones.

Thanks for your help.
SLO
Old 04-02-2003, 02:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have 3 of the little Rx's. They work pretty good until you get to far away and the the plane is in the ground. If you keep them close they work well.

Single conversions do not filter out the stray signals as well and you will get glitchs from the little Rx.

Dru.

P.S. If you are setting it up with two aliron servos you can use an extra slot so they become flaperons. You will need more slots then the 4 that are in the Rx.
Old 04-02-2003, 04:48 AM

SLO,

Dru pretty much nailed it. I think the Feather rx is spec'ed for 1000 ft range, max. The dual conv. RXs are pretty much out of sight range. I think for lite single conv. rxs, the way to go is the GWS rx; it's available in 4 & 6 chan versions; $28 for the 4 chan with xtal. For small full range, dual conv. rx's; check out the Hitec 555 and Electron6 and the FMA rx's.

Joel
Old 04-03-2003, 05:23 PM
My Feedback: (12)

I like the Hitec 555 I put one in a slow stick and have had no problems. I have had problems with the GWS micro when you get several planes flying at the same time or if I fly it to far away.