Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 8u super series

Old 04-02-2003, 08:14 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 8u super series

I am still finishing up learning on my alpha but was looking ahead to my next plane and radio purchase. I was looking to purchase a good radio that will last me for many years to come. I was looking at the Futaba 8u super series and was wondering what people thought of them? The 8 series looked like I could grow into it with more sophisticated planes as i learned in the sport.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 8U is a great radio, but if you can save a few more bucks then I would highly recommend the 9C. It has a number of features that are better than the 8U and is much more intuitive. Search the forums here to get a feel of what people are saying between the 8U/9C/8103. My pick of the bunch is the 9C, but any of these radios will last you for years.
Old 04-02-2003, 04:06 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Dont' waste the money on the 8U. For a few more dollars you can get the 9C which is way more radio and way easier to program. I hated programming the 8U and the 9C is a piece of cake. I had my 8U for just a few months and sold it to get a 9C after picking one up for about 5 minutes. Way better radio. You will be very glad you got the 9C about 30 seconds after you open the box. You will need to order a book to program the 8U if you go that way.